1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Ann Coulter: Bombing Suspect's Wife Should Be Jailed For Wearing Hijab

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by paperyostrich, Apr 28, 2013.

1. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thought I'd post one more because the stupidity involved made me laugh. I don't understand how people can think like this without being clinicly insane. And the last line :lol:

Rightwing pundit Ann Coulter seems to think freedom of religion is overrated.

Launching another in a long series of criticisms of immigration reform, Coulter went on an anti-Muslim tirade on conservative opinion show “Hannity” Monday night, saying the wife of dead Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsnarnaev should be imprisoned for wearing a Muslim veil.

“I don’t care if she knew about this,” Coulter told Sean Hannity, the host of the Fox News show. “She ought to be in prison for wearing a hijab.”

It is not illegal in the United States to wear hijabs. Nevertheless, Muslim women often face harassment for wearing the religious garment, according to the American Civil Liberties Union.

Katherine Russell, a Rhode Island native, converted to Islam and began wearing a hijab after meeting Tsnarnaev, according to Yahoo! Shine.

“This immigration policy of us assimilating immigrants into our culture isn’t really working,” Coulter added. “They’re assimilating us into their culture. Did she get a clitorectomy too?”

Hannity said he didn’t know the answer to that.

But Hannity agreed generally with Coulter’s worries about immigration, raising alarms about foreign students studying in the United States.

“If people are coming from countries where perhaps they grew up under Sharia law, I think we can make a safe assumption that they have been radicalized,” Hannity theorized. “I think allowing foreign students into the country without investigative background checks that are exhaustive is a mistake and it’s putting Americans at risk.”

Coulter took another swipe at immigration reform referring to it as “your pal Mario Rubio’s amnesty bill,” in a comment directed at Hannity.

He pointed out that Florida senator’s first name is actually Marco.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

2. All she wants to do is create Controversy and sell books so I rather not give her the attention.

3. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd just like to point out that neither Ann Coulter nor Sarah Palin are accurate representatives of the average republican and should not be taken to be such. As Andrew B said, all she wants to do is cause trouble and sell books.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She is a major idiot. A Canadian reporter interviewed her once and during the conversation she was convinced that Canada was involved in the Vietnam war, she was actually arguing with the guy about it!

5. JPC

JPC Guest

The fact that Ann Coulter continually appears to be devoid of a brain supports my theory that she is in fact a robot.

6. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sure Data and R2D2 would find that insulting. Robots are not that dumb. Even my dishwasher has more common sense than that woman.

7. JPC

JPC Guest

A very unsophisticated robot then, made by an 8 year old as a science project.

8. Zontar

Ann Coulter is conservative satire.

9. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I have considered her argument, and in so doing come up with what I consider to be a response that is fairly equivalent to her level of reasoning:

[​IMG]

Yea or nay?

#9 Browncoat, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  10. JPC

JPC Guest

The moustache really brings out her eyes.

11. Well, Canada did send 240 troops to enforce the Paris Peace Accord in 73, but that was it. As dumb as she is, she probably saw that and was convinced that Canada was actually fighting. Either that, or she assumed the 30,000 Canadians who served in the American military during the war constitutes Canadian invonvement. Either way, she doesn't understand the full story of what happened at all.

12. starfish

Ok, but only on the condition that we can give Ann Coulter life in prison for being a jackass. .

13. Emberstone

burt rynolds and satan would both request that you stop slandering them by comparing them to this evil bitch.

14. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn, even Satan called me out on that one? :lol:

15. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do anyone (even right-wing conservatives) take this stupid cackling cunt seriously?

16. Emberstone

quite a few, but mostly those who exist in the mental illness induced world of the far right. most moderate and traditional republicans think she is full of shit.

17. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Coulter is truly brain dead.

She's just looking for attention.

18. AAASAS

She'd be funny if she was putting on an act like Colbert.

I remember she got banned from performing at public venues in Canada because she told a muslim U of Ottawa student to take a magic carpet instead of a plane. Again would be funny if she was mocking Republicans

19. Hexagon

I've never heard of this person before, but as first impressions go, it seems she hails from a time in evolutionary history before humans and chimpanzees started to evolve separately.

20. steelygreye

You know, we in the United States have this thing called the 1st Amendment, which includes allowing people to express their religious beliefs/practices. But I guess it doesn't count if you belong to a religious group that Ann Coulter doesn't like. -_-