1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Miami WR Mike Wallace doesn't understand homosexuality, he tweets

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Dan82

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...ason-collins-twitter-20130429,0,6101550.story

2. The Dude

If you read the tweets, I don't think it was malicious. I really don't have a problem with his comments, I just don't see the intent to offend anyone there. And his immediate apology made it okay with me. Him saying he supports him would've been nice, but on a great day for me as a sports fan who is struggling with their sexuality, the last thing I'll do is dwell on these comments.

He was on my fantasy team two years ago though, so maybe I'm biased.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meh he's a moron regardless lol

4. Emberstone

women only fuck that thickhead for the expensive gifts he gives in lue of Hushmoney.

5. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    He sounded more ignorant than hateful, but I know, it still doesn't excuse it. Though, I think being ignorant is better than being hateful. Also, I'm probably being biased since I am a Dolphins' fan.

6. Gallatin

Stupid but without malicious intent, in my opinion. I really couldn't care less about what he said - I'm far more focused on Chris Broussard's "open rebellion against God" comments. Really though, today is a day of celebration, not a time to focus on a few stupid and negative comments. But, as a huge Miami Dolphins fan, I am a bit biased.

#6 Gallatin, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  7. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I say we just sit him down and explain to him the concepts of love and sexuality.

8. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I forget the person I ought to give credit to my saying this, in regards to "whether bisexuality exists."

So, to give credit to ... someone, I will simply repeat the sentiment:

Luckily, your belief or lack of understanding regarding homosexuality has absolutely no influence on its existence. :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 30th Apr 2013 at 12:06 AM ----------

Wait, what? I guess I missed that part of sportscenter. Is that what so random anonymous NBA had to say regarding Collins coming out? Because when I listened to his reporting earlier today he had said the vast majority of sources had nothing but positive things to say...

---------- Post added 30th Apr 2013 at 12:07 AM ----------

I forget the person I ought to give credit to my saying this, in regards to "whether bisexuality exists."

So, to give credit to ... someone, I will simply repeat the sentiment:

Luckily, your belief or lack of understanding regarding homosexuality has absolutely no influence on its existence. :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 30th Apr 2013 at 12:06 AM ----------

Wait, what? I guess I missed that part of sportscenter. Is that what some random anonymous NBA player had to say regarding Collins coming out? Because when I listened to his reporting earlier today he had said the vast majority of sources had nothing but positive things to say...

9. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i really dont think anyway needs to apologize for what they say people are allowed to say what they want ,and people are always gonna say things that we m ay not like but thats on them , if know who we are it wont matter, ill end with my favorite Rupaul quote " what other people think of me is none of my buisness."

10. JPC

JPC Guest

All the other hot guys in the world and most want to mess with girls... I don't understand that.

I don't think he's homophobic though, just plain dumb.

11. Ticklish Fish

so, heteronormative maybe?

and oh geez, men can be hot too

HE JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW HANDSOME MEN ARE...

LOLLER FACE

12. DoriaN

I don't get why everyone is on his case... he was being honest!

How can we assume everyone understands LGBT things if it isn't taught in schools or discussed in the workplace enough?

Help him with his lack of understanding, and perhaps embrace a new ally... instead of bashing him for having confusion.

13. Gallatin

He said it while being interviewed on Outside the Lines. It was his own opinion, not that of any source. Here's a link to the video.

He has since tried to clarify his comments, and ESPN issued an apology of sorts about the situation.

14. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Chalk it up as Wallace just not being the smartest person around...

15. Hexagon

This is good. There is at least one ignorant idiot in the world who isn't hateful :slight_smile:

16. Exoskeleton

I can't blame him for not understanding what he's never experienced. Didn't seem like he was being hateful.

Besides, it's always been hard for me to fully understand why so many women lust after guys when I find men to be so lackluster in comparison to all the beautiful women in the world. That doesn't mean I think their attraction is invalid or anything less than my own. I just can't really put myself in their shoes. I wouldn't expect him to be perfectly empathetic to gay men when he's straight, either. It's sort of unreasonable to.

17. FemCasanova

No, I didn`t find it particularly hateful either. When people are genuinely confused on the topic, bashing them for it isn`t going to make them want to educate themselves. They`ll just get angry and draw away from the subject. A kind explanation works better in this case, in my opinion.

18. photoguy93

I watched "The Talk" the other day, and one of the hosts, an out lesbian, said that she didn't find it very hateful. I ever thought about that. But you know, I agree. It's just stupidity and ignorance. We age bigger fish to fry.

19. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea, I don't understand how guys wanna mess with girls while there are all these hot men in the world :eusa_danc

20. CptnBeefheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual