1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News HIV Cure looks promising

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Jared, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Jared

HIV 'cure' looks 'promising,' Danish scientists contend - Health - MSN Healthy Living

2. Hefiel

That is pretty great news. It's things like these that reminds everyone of the importance of Science.

3. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

I hope it works :slight_smile:

4. CptnBeefheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The best thing I've heard all day!

5. tryhtwfr

I second that! I heard about a cure for HIV in Africa relating to injections taken just at birth or something like that which resulted in the HIV gone by the age of 6!

6. Willjarvis

Here's a review about it. It looks it is being proposed that histone deacetylase inhibitors may be used to force the production of HIV antigens and present them on the surface of the cells, as such cells are supposed to do. Meanwhile, immunotherapy (which the histone deacetylase inhibitors contribute to) boost the ability of the other cytolytic cells to destroy the infected cells.

7. Hexagon

I hope so much this will work out. If it does, it won't just be the best thing I heard all day, it'll probably be the best thing this decade.

8. FemCasanova

The cynic in me says this will probably get very expensive, and that only those who can afford it will be able to use this medication. I hope the cynic in me is wrong. It`s just that I am finding these medical people unethical at best, with how they price medication.
    It`s almost like it`s all about money. Which in my ideological head, it isn`t. It`s about saving lives :frowning2:

9. Jay

Jay

I hope the pessimist in me is wrong and think that when an HIV cure is finally reported as true, people won't care about safe sex anymore....

10. photoguy93

When there is a will, there is a way. I volunteer in a free health clinic. Now, now one has had any major problems, like HIV or cancer, but I'm sure that if something happened, we woi,d find a way to get them help. I'm not that worried about this because if it happens, people will get it.
    Just trying to brighten the mood!