1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Brutal Murder Of Transgender Woman Prompts News Organizations To Blame Victim

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Sinopaa, May 3, 2013.

1. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What follows in the article is a collection of gut churning "news reports" that completely dehumanize the poor girl. It's sickening me to see how people who report the news can be this heartless.

Brutal Murder Of Transgender Woman Prompts News Organizations To Blame ‘Male’ Victim

#1 Sinopaa, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  2. Exoskeleton

I knew I shouldn't have read that.

Pray tell, what in the world does her arrest record have to do with anything? Anything at all?

"Hey, this dead person conducted themselves disorderly in life. That's totally what's important about finding their brutally murdered body. Yep."

It doesn't matter how she's dressed. And the only thing her arrest record should have showed the reporters is that Cemia is indeed a woman, and not a man in a Betty Boop tank top. Those dangerous drug charge on that list of arrests. The article conveniently forgot to report that it was estrogen.

For the love of God, people suck.

3. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can bet you one million dollars that FOX will be reporting that she deserved it more than any other.

4. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^Sigh, they probably are going to do that too, most likely using the wrong pronouns as well. Stupid Fox News. :bang:

I hate when reporters bring their prejudices and bigotry to what they write, their whole job is to report the facts to their audience, not show off how ignorant they can be.

I feel so bad for that poor woman, I really hope that justice will be served and that the murderer is caught soon.

5. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *shakes head*
    Poor woman! I sometimes hate this world... and then even after her death the KEEP referring to her as a man, argh!
    Aye, this is a painful reminder that society doesn't really understand or accept transsexuals yet (to my greatest sadness).
    I really hope they catch the murderer soon, yes. And hopefully that things like this would happen less in the future.
    :frowning2:

6. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so totally done right now. This is so disrespectful it's unreal.

7. How have they been allowed to get away with this? It would appear that not even Death provides an escape from the bigots in this world.
    Please tell me that local trans* charities are up in arms about this?

8. Music Heals

How on earth can a murder be the victim's fault? Arrest records should have nothing to do with her death. News stations are so annoying.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All I can say is... figures. It appears the world is not quite ready to accept transgenderism as an actual issue that can be acknowledged without confusion and revulsion.

10. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    makes me sick she was a human being and deserves respect being transgender has no bearings on why she was killed another person took her life and that is wrong period! they need to be looking for her killer. god sometimes i really hate this country the trans community is like how gays were in the 50's.

11. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Aside from The fact that they are completely and utterly disrespecting a dead women and pointing to arrest records, they have to be bigoted about it. Dang it could Fox new just get bombed on everyone days off or something, seriously...

12. 4ever Hearth

I checked out one of those news links in the story and they should be ashamed. Not only have they disrespected the dead but they also perpetuated a terrible "idea" that trans people are nothing more than "creeps" that try to "lure" good ole "boys and girls" into some trap or something.

I can't deal with people. And to be honest, I am pissed at both, I don't know if I should be more pissed with the people who were blatantly disrespectful or the ones who are going to run around speaking from a "I don't know much about the situation, but I'm a good person" perspective? :eusa_naug

13. FemCasanova

This is terrible :frowning2: Not only did the poor woman get murdered, but the way they are treating it is simply disgusting. Gah. These ass-wipes deserve to get their butts kicked.

:frowning2:

14. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HAHAHA I like Bug Brennan's comment on the bottom of the page. God she's such a wretched person.

15. Allecto

ikr? She's like a lesbian version of Fred Phelps.