1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Pat Robertson: Gays Can Change, Just Like Rapists, Thieves And Murderers

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beware Of You, May 8, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Pat Robertson: Gays Can Change, Just Like Rapists, Thieves And Murderers

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`

2. The username

Why the Hell does this man worry so much about the gays?

3. Beware Of You

Probably because he trapped in the closet

4. Hexagon

I hold out hope that homophobes can change too.

5. FemCasanova

Yes, one would think that there are more serious "sins" out there. What is it with these people that make them so obsessed with homosexuality? You`re not gay, you don`t want to be gay, fine, what do I care, just leave me the heck alone, is usually my thought. You would think they had better things to care about than that a bunch of people they don`t know are actually happy with themselves somewhere. But no. They absolutely have to say this crap, because God forbid people were happy and loved others, that`s not what it`s all about, right?

6. Ticklish Fish

from comment:
    "A murderer can change, a rapist can change, a thief can change, but Pat Robertson won't change."
    WIN :grin:

7. some nights

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Seems a more worthy cause to pray for, IMO

8. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This guy has been saying shit like this forever. Either he's completely insane or just pandering to extreme religious fanatics for ratings (or both)

9. Jordz

Totally read that as Robert Pattinson :lol: :bang: must be tired today

10. Reptillian

I always take a outsider perspective. For one thing, he seems to assume that God exists and he has the power to change others. Assuming this is true, then god would change homosexual people very often if he does not approve of homosexuality. But, we're not seeing fluid sexuality being a very common phenomenon which would suggest that god approves of homosexuality if we are to assume an anthropomorphic god exist. Technically, he is right that there are gay people that can change, but it's so incredibly rare for one's sexuality to change and no evidence changes are due to choices, majority of homosexual people will not change just like majority of heterosexual that won't change and so on.

As for his cure proposal, there are no methods that exists that changes one's orientation. Theoretically, it is possible that certain methods might work, but odds are so low that it isn't worth doing. There has been documented cases about a stroke changing one's orientation. Assuming this is true, then brain surgery could actually change one's orientation. Problem with this method is the odds that it'll work is so low as there are way too many variables to be considering. Odds could be 1 in X>1*10^9 that it'll work.

And I'm gonna have to say this, one should not assume a homophobe is trapped in the closet as there are many homophobes who are actually heterosexual, and those studies implying that homophobes are gay overlooks how arousal is not evidence of one's orientation and how sometimes responses/behavior are not always an accurate prediction of one's orientation.

#10 Reptillian, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  11. Femmeme

How has this man not choked to death on his own bitterness.

12. warhammer40kgay

13. Hexagon

Time which would be better spent educating, I think.

Irrelevant. It isn't a question of how rare it is to change, or whether it is possible. It is a question of whether or not being gay is a bad thing.

#13 Hexagon, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  14. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This Pat Robertson guy is a arsehole insane twat. However what scares me is that he seems to have support.

15. Goodnyte

What offends me, is that he could compare gays to thieves, rapists, and murderers. Someone who ruins, or takes a life and say they are the same as someone who doesn't do such a thing. That really sickens me.
    Also, at the end of this article about the Boy Scouts. Straight people are pedophiles too. Or are they just overlooking that?

16. Well to be fair he is completely right!

I used to hate vegetables when I was little, now? Oh a lovely salad can make my day just that much better. Even a few weeks ago I never cared for PJ Harvey and now I think she's stunning and can't get enough of her!

Gays certainly can change...that is what he was going for right?

17. Hexagon

In fact, I believe there are a disproportionate number of heterosexual pedophiles.

18. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

In all honesty this guy has the approximate amount of bitterness of pure dark coffee, in a much less delicious and more poisonus way, and could go to the hell that he believes in for all I care. He is so utterly disconnected and so utterly hateful that it makes me sick. He seems like just the type of person who would sponsor hate crimes and commit them, if I were being honest.

19. Emberstone

Well at least real christians dont have to worry about running into him in heaven; the bible says he is going to hell for being a false prophet who claims god speask to him, and then the things he says god told him will happpen dont. according to the bible, if god has decided something will happen, and says it will happen, it will. anyone who says that God told them something will happen, and it doesn't, cannot enter the kingdom of heaven, for they are liars.

then again, hell doesnt want him, and catholic purgotory wont take him becuase that consitutes child abuse of all the unbaptised babies.

20. Exoskeleton

My family loves that guy. Luckily, his show comes on ABC Family nowadays, and my house doesn't have cable. :grin:

I'm not surprised he said that. My mom was telling me just yesterday that being gay is a faulty lifestyle choice. And, whenever somebody is trying to make a point about something they think is wrong, they pull out criminals as examples. Not to mention that all "heinous" sins are lumped into the same category, and "totally understandable" sins like adultery and lying are put in a special "We're all humans and we make mistakes" category.

Yay America! Yay Christianity!