1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Now THIS is an Article!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pain, May 9, 2013.

1. Pain

Pain Guest

Bryan Fischer, infamous pundit of the American Family Association, could not continue a conversation, when he was asked whether or not he had experienced any gay sexual impulses. Bryan Fischer won’t answer a simple question about his own gay impulses – LGBTQ Nation

Quite unsurprising, but nonetheless satisfying. I'm too often used to seeing news where he says things like "Gays will lead to the collapse of western economy." It's nice seeing him speechless.

2. Hefiel

Oh, that was awesome. You've got to love these hypocrites, they're just waiting for someone to forcefully open the closet door.

3. RainbowMan

Just lends credence to the theory that homophobes are themselves closeted gays (at least some of them, by no means all). I take the lack of response to be an affirmative response.

Interested in others take on this as well.

4. Reptillian

As someone who can qualify as an asexual and prefer that people don't know who I am, I won't be answering whether I'm LGBTQ because my sexual interest is no one's business. So, I do not take his refusal to answer as proof that he's gay. Indication yes, proof no.

5. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now that's funny! :lol: I hope others jump on the bandwagon in hounding him about it.

6. FruitFly

I guess I'm in the minority who thinks it is rude to keep pressing an issue someone has already stated they do not wish to be pressed on. I'd react in the same way if I were being interviewed and someone asked if I had any gay impulses, even if I had opted to be be interviewed in the knowledge that they'd be far more interested in pressing me about my own sexual impulses rather than the view I was expressing.

"I’ve experienced them. Every man, every woman has experienced certain sexual impulses that, if they acted on them, if they conducted themselves by yielding to those impulses, it would destroy them. Ask Tiger Woods about that."

He states he has experienced sexual impulses he just fails to elaborate on what they are, what more could an interviewer want without trying to make a point. I disagree with Fischer on nearly everything he says, but I am not a fan of pressing buttons when someone has cordially enough expressed the fact they do not wish to discuss personal matters at any great depth. Although it helps that I'm not a fan of Alan Colmes, so that has possibly coloured my view of the entire interview. I tend to view a failure to answer, or deflection, as a sign that someone feels asking a persona question regarding a controversial subject is inappropriate and as such they clam up regardless of whether their answer would confirm/squash the thoughts others have had. Especially when it comes to sexuality.

I hate hounding people about their sexuality, bigot or not. It mentally turns me off.

#6 FruitFly, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
  7. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    our sexuality is personal too and none of anyone/s buisness but that does stop about him from talking about us ,i have no sympathy for that man.

8. Emberstone

the shit-for-brains trinity of Robertson, Perkins, and Fischer are the three most stereotyprically gay, effeminante men in the media.

9. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't like people asking about others' sexuality in general, but I have no problem with questions like that to a guy who has spent his career dehumanizing GLBT people. It's like outing an anti-gay politician imo. If you're going to insult and make life harder for GLBT people when you are gay yourself and maybe secretly fooling around, you should be called out in the open for it.

This situation isn't just about being gay, but could be any number of sexual thoughts he doesn't want to discuss. Bryan is an asshat plain and simple whether or not he is secretly gay.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone sure is defensive and trying to stay away from answering :slight_smile:

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In general, I agree that it's personal. However, when someone is a bigoted, ignorant asshole who insists in getting up in everyone else's business, I have no problem with someone putting him on the spot. I think his silence speaks volumes.