1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Young Russian Man Murdered by "Friends" for Being Gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Rakkaus, May 13, 2013.

1. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

First Image of Russia Gay Hate Murder Victim Vladislav Tornovoi - IBTimes UK

[​IMG]

Um, wow this is horrible, and the activists are exactly right, that the climate of fear and hate of gay people created by the Putin and the Russian government (as well as the Russian Orthodox Church, although that practically is part of the government at this point) is what leads to crimes like this, and I doubt this incident will be thoroughly investigated and punished by the homophobic authorities. :bang:

And the men who brutally tortured Vladislav, mutilated his genitals, smashed his face with a rock, raped him with a beer bottle, set him on fire, and then murdered him when they found out he was gay...were his "friends"? Imagine what would have happened if his enemies found out he was gay. :eek:

It takes real courage to come out of the closet and be an openly gay man in Russia, especially outside of Moscow in a provincial shithole town like Volgograd. And this horrible incident shows exactly why. :icon_sad:

2. Ticklish Fish

RIP Vladislav Tornovoi

3. Cthulhu

Those people weren't his friends. Those were two douchebags who pretended to be friends with someone. These two monsters don't grasp the concept of friendship.

RIP Tornovoi

4. Tim

Tim

RIP :frowning2:

Though, seeing the response, as bad as it is to say, I think this could be the thing that kickstarts LGBT awareness in Russia.

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This makes me sick to my stomach. RIP Tornovoi. I hope for justice to be swift and accurate. These men who did such a terrible act need to spend the rest of their life in prison.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is horrible....RIP Tornovoi...

7. SilverGirl

what the hell man, that was brutal, i doubt they would do this to a rapist or a serial killer, but a gay man, well thats perfectly fine isnt it? come on, this is ridiculous, why so much hate

8. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Monsters... Plain old monsters
    RIP :dead:

9. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the worst part is that in Russia they'll only get 20 or so years in prison if anything at all.

10. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

We'll be lucky if the murderers here ever even see the inside of a jail cell. Killing gays is a public service as far as the Russian Orthodox Church and its politicians are concerned.

11. Candace

This is soooooooo sad :frowning2:. It's why I've NEVER move to Russia.

12. EddyG

let's not forget that as horrible as this is -- and yeah Russia's a pretty homophobic place, and reading this report made me feel sick and cry -- there are places like that in the good old US of A as well where people like Matthew Shepard have been mutilated and killed. Homophobia knows no boundaries, cultural, political or geographic.

13. glitter pills

god this is soosososo terrible ;_______;
    its such a shame that russia as a whole is so homophobic, because the culture really interests me

14. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is sooo very sad. Right away it made me think of Matthew Shepard. The killers should be put to death. I hope they don't get away with it with little to no punishment. How can anyone not see the pure evil of those guys?

RIP Vladislav.

15. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Genuinely sickened by that. Not sure what sickens me more, the way they killed him, why they killed him or the fact that they won't get a proper punishment.

How many more LGBT persons are going to go through something like this before all this hate crime is put a firm foot upon?