1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News This is why people think the GOP is crazy

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by That1Guy, May 22, 2013.

1. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is why people think the GOP is crazy. Someone like this can not only be supported by voters, but nominated by the Republican party to be Lt. Governor of Virginia.

Oh yeah, and he proposed a bill that would force women to report miscarriages to police within 24 hours or face up to a year in prison. Keep it up GOP, you're far more effective than democrats are at making you look like a bunch of nutjobs.

2. Hefiel

Silly man, silly GOP. Never learns.

3. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Better watch out guys. This little trans* pansexual girl is a sex demon that wants to rape your babies, give aids to black people, and bring about the destruction of our global infrastructure. You just wait and see.

(What in the world does being gay have to do with killing African Americans???)

4. EddyG

the ignorance on this and so many other issues is astounding.

5. The username

What is sad is I know some LGBT people who are disillusioned enough to vote for Cuccinelli and other GOP candidates like this.

6. Emberstone

What is this about thinking the GOP is crazy? we know the GOP is crazy.

7. FemCasanova

Well, at least it would be good entertainment, if it wasn`t for the people listening and nodding to it. It`s sad, that human intellect some places haven`t developed past the moron stage. Meh, I`m sick with the flu, so I don`t have the stomach for this crap right now. Otherwise I`d laugh.

8. Emberstone

just look at the number of high ranking republican congresspeople and presidential canidates for the republican party that go on Alex Jone's show, a man who said there was not oklahoma city bombing, and that it was all a huge lie by the goverment to take away peoples gun, which was the thing that didnt happen.

9. person54

10. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I think the Republican Party is really pushing too far in Virginia this time around, with hateful homophobic extremists like Cuccinelli for Governor and Jackson for Lt. Governor. The Virginia GOP is pushing even further to the extreme right on social issues at a time when that state is moving to the left, as the moderate-to-liberal suburbs of northern Virginia continue to grow while the rural conservative areas are shrinking in population. All they are doing is pushing the state deeper into the Democratic column. Obama carried Virginia twice, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the GOP slate go down in flames in this year's elections too.

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These are the same group of GOP people who want to make sodomy illegal again, even though Lawrence v Texas has already said it was perfectly legal. Sometimes these people make me laugh.

12. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

I live in Virginia, and if he is elected as governor or some other significant position of power, I am forcing my father to move.

13. Hexagon

We don't think, we know.

14. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I agree he is a nut case, and a scary one that that, what he may be referring to here is that the African-American community is currently being much harder hit by HIV/AIDS than the white community.

So it seems he's suggesting that there are more gay African-Americans, so getting rid of gay people, or "curing" them, would cut down on the number of A-A with AIDS.

Stupid, stupid argument.

15. Hefiel

Especially when it's because the Church has been so vehemently against condoms that the rate of HIV is so high in Africa (although it's starting to change slowly). :lol:

16. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What really sucks is that once these people are in power, once it comes time to redraw district lines, they jerrymander them so that only a few areas have all the people who typically vote democratic, while the other areas only about 60% Republican, giving them just enough majority to control most of the state. Jerrymandering is a highly illegal by the way. The only reason they haven't been caught is because the people don't realize it because their district lines aren't drawn in a really dramatic way. However if this was drawn into the public eye there would be severe consequences for any elected officials practicing this activity.

17. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

The problem is that gerrymandering is not illegal, there's no way to legally stop it. The only time the federal government can intervene in how states draw their districts is in states subject to the Voting Rights Act if a particular gerrymandering is found to be disenfranchising minority voters. Since Republicans took control of so many state governments in 2010, such as Virginia, we're really screwed in so many ways for at least 10 years.

But partially it's also just a natural product of the fact that in the past few decades, and especially since 2000, Democratic support is increasingly packed and concentrated in dense urban areas, while the wide rural swaths of America are now overwhelmingly Republican. There used to be a lot more crossover, but now the urban-rural divide gets bigger every year. Here in New York State, Democrats have a tremendous advantage in numbers and make up a clear majority of the population. However since so many of those Democrats live in the heavily populated New York City area, the Republicans win lots of sparsely populated rural Senate districts and always control the State Senate.

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My goodness I just laughed my ass off.

19. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

So ignorant...

20. Mykayla