1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Child indoctrination is child abuse

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by That1Guy, May 22, 2013.

1. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [youtube]d7OyJtfmW8k[/youtube]

I don't even know what to say honestly. Brainwashing young and naive kids who don't know any better with hateful religious propaganda like this is absolutely disgusting.

Religious fundamentalists like to say that gay people aren't capable of being parents, yet they're probably responsible for the most bigoted, backward, and hateful people in the world.

"There is no such thing as a Christian child, only a child of Christian parents" - Richard Dawkins

2. Hefiel

This is why I love Dawkins and Hitchens. World would be a much better place without religion.

3. Emberstone

Jesus never spoke out against gays, and told us to love one another without condition. Therefore, this kid is the one who is going to hell, because he has decided jesus is wrong... and I am fairly sure that pushing an anti-jesus agenda is anamthma to a christian god letting you into heaven.

4. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

What idiots

5. :confused: You think so? It's not his fault he got brainwashed by his crazy parents.

6. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

I feel really bad for kids like this, because their parents force them into hatred and intolerance. It's really messed up.

7. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think brainwashing qualifies u for hell for one thing and secondly brainwashing like that is hard to undo I should know so In truth I just feel sorry for this kid, and lastly I believe God is our only judge not man Jesus said so...

8. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Ugh, that snot-nosed little brat's voice is grating on my nerves. If I had been there I probably would have just broken out in laughter at the sight of the poor little punk.

But seriously, religion is child abuse.

9. Ridiculous

He's not going to hell. No one is going to hell. Hell doesn't exist - it's a disgusting thing to even suggest that it does exist and that anyone is going to be tortured after they die. Terrible concepts like this shouldn't even have any attempt at rationalisation and readjustment; they just need to be refuted outright.

10. Meropspusillus

While this video is seriously disturbing I think the sentiment that religion is child abuse is rather offensive. Keep in mind, the entire context of this video is that the kid is yelling at people from a progressive church. Millions of kind and loving people were raised religious; there are plenty of kind and religious people on this forum. Though I no longer consider myself religious I think that my Jewish upbringing was important to my development of a person, and I have several incredibly loving cousins who were raised Fundamentalist (one of them even wrote a book about how her fundamentalist upbringing was in important in shaping her very progressive set of values today).

It's one thing to argue that teaching your kids to hate other people is child abuse, it's another to argue that all religion is the same.

11. It's tragic that this actually happens. That parents are allowed to mold young minds so much, twisting innocence in to hate. Taking advantage of ignorance like this.

12. Spurned

Spurned Guest

There is one teaching in the Bible, I believe, that is against gays but not lesbians, strangely.
    "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." Leviticus 20:13, but that's the only one I know well. (If that is what you meant. :lol:slight_smile:

On the other hand, Jesus said "Love thy neighbour." and "You shall not murder." The Bible is very contradicting and I've found lots of Christians believe what they want to. In my opinion, anyway.