1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Question Time: Ian Paisley Jr defends saying he was ‘repulsed’ by gays and lesbians

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beware Of You, May 30, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

The DUP politician (Backwards "unionist" party that wants the Ulster counties to be in the UK, abet a UK from the 1970s that no longer exists except in the minds of UKIP and the DUP) has said :

“I am, unsurprisingly, a straight person. I am pretty repulsed by gay and lesbianism. I think it is wrong. I think that those people harm themselves and – without caring about it – harm society.”

“I believe that marriage is fundamentally about creating children, and who in turn to create society."

What do you think of his comments, I think he is a dinosaur full of bigotry, he would be welcome in some Republican circles across the pond, but honestly this guy has power and influence, Northern Ireland is no better than the US

Question Time: Ian Paisley Jr defends saying he was ‘repulsed’ by gays and lesbians - PinkNews.co.uk

Its probably worth mentioning that I am one of those Brits who wants Irish reunification at some point, alot of us don't see NI as part of the UK or that people like Paisley have the right to claim to be British with those backward views

2. Ridiculous

Re: Question Time: Ian Paisley Jr defends saying he was ‘repulsed’ by gays and lesbia

Shame he was born with vocal cords.

3. BornInTexas

Re: Question Time: Ian Paisley Jr defends saying he was ‘repulsed’ by gays and lesbia

Wow. I didn't know he would be this stupid. Why are people like this more concerned of being perceived as homophobic, rather than asking themselves if they really are homophobic?

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I saw the program, the majority of the audience & all of the panel was against him, he looked very uncomfortable that his views were in the minority & his views looked really bigoted, Ireland will one day be unified, but Northern Ireland needs to adopt the attitude of Southern Ireland for it to be a success, the south don't hold grudges & the North should take a leaf out of their book.

5. JPC

JPC Guest

I caught this episode of QT as well and he just came across as an obnoxious idiot. But, do any of us really expect anything different from him?

I personally don't think Northern Ireland and the Republic will be unified any time soon, if ever. In my experience, the Irish don't really care about the reunification so much any more, we've got enough of our own problems without taking on theirs too.

6. Joe54321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I watched it, he is a typical right wing politician trying to act as he was the one being attacked. The worst bit was when he told the gay rights activist "you can get married, to a woman." So obnoxious and rude.

7. SilverGirl

:dry:

so sterile people should not marry and married couples that dont want to have children are wrong?

well i dont know much about politics in the uk, so im not sure i could say anything other than how dumb this guy is

8. Beware Of You

Sadly that won't ever happy with parties like the DUP playing the religion card. Maybe one day it will happen but I doubt it will be in our lifetimes. Unless the United States of Europe ever happens ...

As above has said People in the Republic don't feel that much for it anymore.

I honestly don't know what will happen to NI, the UK doesn't really want it and to be honest I am not sure that the Republic would want it

#8 Beware Of You, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  9. Hexagon

Its times like this that I just feel glad people aren't immortal.

10. Connor22

Two stories about my dad and Ian Paisley Jr;

one time Ian and his mates were at parliment and my dad was visiting some people he knew. Stormont (the name of the parliment building, google it , it's quite pretty) has a cafe on the second floor that opens up to a big balcony overlooking the city. Ian and his mates went out to the balcony for a smoke, leaving their jackets in the restaurant on a particularly cold November day. One of the waiters 'accidentally' locked the door leading back in. When they had finished their smoke Ian and his lawds had to wait 25 minutes out on the lbacony before the door was re-opened, all the while they were banging on the window and trying to force their way in, in plain view of the restaurant. Nobody went to help them or even acknowledge their presence.

Story the second;

during an election Jr had a lot of big posters up on the lamp-posts. I cam home one day from school to find one of them sitting on my bed giving me a big grin. My dad, who is no particular fan of Jr, had cut it down and we used it for shooting arrows into before burning it. Good times.

11. Amerigo

ugh. homophobes. guillotine them all!

12. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

So he honestly is trying to not appear homophobic? Could of fooled me.

13. Rexmond

Ugh.