1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Church of England officially gives up the fight against same-sex marriage bill

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Salazar, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Salazar

2. Hexagon

No offence intended to the religious here, but... when will the church of england learn that this is none of their business? They shouldn't have opposed it because the bill only dealt with civil marriage, and because they have no right to control the lives of those who aren't members of their church. It has nothing to do with whether they personally approve of homosexuality. Through this whole thing they've been acting like the world will end if they pass gay marriage, and they've only been proving that no one really cares what they think anymore. This bill will pass whether they oppose it or not.

Sure, its nice that they're saving their breath, but that is all it is.

P.S, on the subject of grounds for annulment, it is my humble opinion that "we/I want an annulment" should be the only relevant grounds for annulment.

3. Hefiel

Well from my understanding of politics in England (someone correct me please), a third of the seats in the House of Lords are held and reserved for Bishops, meaning that their votes are actually pretty important in getting legislation passed.

4. Allecto

I thought the Church of England had come around to us gheys already. :confused:

5. Hexagon

I thought it was only 26. Anyway, there has already been shown to be a large majority in favour. Anyway, most of my annoyance is directed at them thinking that every marriage needs their blessing and that they have the right to oppose something that has nothing to do with them.

6. Beware Of You

The CofE are realising that they have become irrelevant and are trying to modernise themselves I guess, and actually realising that the country wants same sex marriage is probably a step in the right direction.

I do actually still go to church sometimes, I hope one day some CoE churches will opt in

7. Emberstone

when I first heard about this, I assumed it was from TheOnion.