1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Bible doesn't define marriage as only between one man and one woman

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by hawaiianflower, Jun 6, 2013.

1. I am glad someone is coming out and saying this. There are a lot of things that need to be re-taught.

Full Article

2. KhosrauII

Those scholars are making dumb interpretations about the Bible's meaning, in fact, everyone is. Everyone interprets it incorrectly because they assume that it is either A) the very word of the Christian "god" (who is a personification of time that characters continuously infer themselves thralls of and reconcile that perceived truth through making conclusions and assumptions about its, time's, god's, will) or B) something Christians think is the universe. The bible is simply a compilation of writings that mostly show you how not to interpret time. Jesus ties in as being a resounding message of caution to those who would claim to be the incarnation of the driving force of the universe that is responsible for events occurring, i.e. time.

I should know, I was alive when this bible was just getting popular. I have to say, those Christians have your back if you suck up to them.

That is to say, they are making the dumb interpretation that it should have any room in a debate, nor should you guys still be fighting over the bible nor fought in the first place.

#2 KhosrauII, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  3. Things like this is what is going to help Christians understand and change their hearts. It doesn't matter what religion you are or what you believe, this is progress for LGBTQ.

4. theMaverick

And another thread about something religious gets hijacked by someone who is anti Christian and obviously rude. I'm getting sick of this.

STOP PUTTING YOUR ANTI-CHRISTIAN VIEWS ON THREADS ABOUT CHRISTIAN THINGS. IF YOU ARE ANTI CHRISTIAN, AND YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

5. Nick88

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know it's old, but...

[YOUTUBE]OFkeKKszXTw[/YOUTUBE]

#5 Nick88, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  6. Emberstone

dang it, nick, I was just about to post that very same video!!! :slight_smile:P

7. Wow. I have never seen that video before. It's too bad they couldn't have gotten that information out in a way that doesn't totally bash Christian's God.

8. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's interesting, but kind of missing the point, though in my opinion.

Even IF the bible did define marriage as being between one man and one woman , from a legal point of view so what? It's one book which is relevant to one religion only. Nothing in that book applies to anyone who isn't a member of that religion. Laws for everyone must not be based on the religious beliefs of some.

9. Munyal

Thank goodness for you! I am getting sick and tired of all the anti-Christian people around here. I'm Christian! I don't like how some of these people automatically assume that all Christians are ignorant or hateful! It is making me lose faith in society. :icon_sad:

10. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yes i dont condone bashing on christians , i may not believe in the bible or god but you do i have to respect that, i do respect that i just dont like the hate filled christains, who think its ok to make laws on their beliefs and make everyone follow them, if we are not part of that religion we shouldnt have to follow them.

11. I agree. And this is the exact argument I tell some of my Christian family & friends who are not open to talking about different Bible interpretations. It is a good way of making sure I don't put down the church they chose or their beliefs.

As a Christian, I am happy to hear that a scholar has been public about what they Bible really says about us. The more people hear this and learn...the more accepting and open they will be. It is a slow change, but a good step. (!)

12. KhosrauII

I'm not anti Christian. I like the Christians, they had my back back in 604 AD. I'm merely informing everyone that the Christian god is a personification of time. That was my intent.

13. Emberstone

if your talking about the Betty Bower's video, it doesnt bash a christian god, it demonizes the demonic fundemnetalist christians who ignore what the bible says 99% of the time because it doesnt suit pat robertsons sexual feitshes.

14. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Personally, I think there is a lot of confusion and misunderstanding on both sides. The Bible is a big book, but from personal experience, not all that difficult to understand. Yet, we get so many conflicting views on so many things...

15. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    With all due respect, who cares what the bible says? It is completely and utterly irrelevant from a legal standpoint. How many hindus, muslims, buddhists, sikhs, athiests, agnostics etc etc. live in America at this point in time? Are they all excluded from their heterosexual marriages because they aren't Christian? I don't think so. Using the bible to try and defend your vile hate for a community that has done nothing to you absolutely encompasses ignorance. Marriage is not solely for Christians.

If these haters want to try and prevent homosexuals/bisexuals marrying another from their own gender in a Christian setting, then that's a whole other point that I won't get into. However, they have absolutely no leg to stand on when bringing up the bible in terms of gay marriage not being legalized. It is not a religious ceremony. It can be, but it isn't legally. All gays want is equality. Nothing more, nothing less. Is that really intruding on anyone else's rights?

16. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    what he said!!!^^^^

17. bdman

The religious people I know with would say that it was all old testament stuff and after Jesus came into the picture. It was 1 man and 1 women (Jesus or Paul said so, can't remember). I don't know of anything in the new testament that can get around that. Is there?