1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Prince Harry defends gay soldier

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by JPC, Jun 8, 2013.

1. JPC

JPC Guest

2. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Guest

Great article! I never knew the Prince was such a good guy and an amazing leader to boot.

3. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Harry just got 10x hotter. (And he was already smokin before <3)

4. Goodnyte

Amazing. I never really payed any attention to the royal family. However, reading this article, Harry seems like a good guy. That is commitment and loyalty right there.

5. Convoy

It's great to hear about him being a good guy. I'm not much for the royalty, however that he is deciding to make some good choices is evidently good in my eyes.

Still it brings up the idea of what would happened if he hadn't been there. The military even in more progressive nations like England (in some ways) still isn't a cakewalk to get by in for a LGB orientated person, lets not forget our Trans-brothers and sisters (Who are still for the most part exiled or discouraged from identifying and expressing themselves).

We've just got to take things one day at a time, and keep working forwards.

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Look at who his Mother was, is it any surprise :slight_smile:

7. Beware Of You

I still wonder if Harry is bi..

Still he is the only Royal I like..

8. Fiddledeedee

In principle, I don't agree with having a monarch, but in reality, our royal family is pretty cool. :slight_smile: It's great that anyone will stand up for their fellow soldier.

9. Couldn't agree more. (!)

10. Hexagon

I'm still not a monarchist, but he sounds like a good guy. I had no idea there was so much homophobia in the military.

11. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Guest

I have been in the American military for 7 years now and I can tell you it can be just as bad our side of the pond. Nearly every joke I have ever heard by someone in uniform has been at the expence of gay people. Which is strange because the Army especially is one of the most homoerotic places I have ever been. They think they are mocking gay people by acting gay themselves. I have been held down and kissed on the cheek 8 times, been jokingly hit on more times than I can count, and generally had more "gay experiences" with straight men than I have had with gay men.

I personally have never seen homophobia on the same scale as the article shows but its there. A gay friend of mine was outed and then ostracized from the unit. He became very depressed and even contemplated suicide. In the end he became so ashamed of being gay he became a born again Christian and claims to be "cured". He was hated for being gay by the same people who a week earlier were playfully whipping him with a towel in the shower.

I love each and every man I deployed with but I can never forgive them for how they treated him and I can never forgive myself for how I stayed silent.

12. Hexagon

Sounds lovely

/sarcasm.

Damn, I'm sorry you and other people in the military have to deal with that stuff. You should forgive yourself though, I can understand being scared of a large group of homophobes carrying guns.

13. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

By far the best royal. I wish he could be the next king, shame he cant :icon_sad:.