1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Homophobic murders in Russia, petition, please sign!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Priiiide, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Priiiide

Crisis in Russia: two brutal murders for being gay within weeks. One man was stabbed to death by neighbours, and a younger man was beaten to death with rocks after coming out.

The rise in attacks is happening as President Putin wages war on gays and lesbians. His government has banned Pride marches and is trying to bring in a new anti-gay law. And this Tuesday, a major Russian gay organisation will go on trial to fight closure.

Putin is getting away with the crackdown because there’s little international media attention and no real pressure from other world leaders.

We can work to get the crisis on the to do list of every world leader and onto the front pages of newspapers. I've just signed a big, global petition with All Out. Can you sign too before the trial on Tuesday?

www.allout.org/russia-attacks

2. ScatteredEarth

That's terrible. I honestly hope something gets done about this, I thought Russia was finally turning itself around as a country and turning into a free-er nation. I feel bad for the kid that got stoned for coming out. It almost makes me feel guilty for not doing so yet.

3. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I signed the petition :slight_smile: I should do anyway, seeing as I'm signed up to Amnesty International. I like to do my bit :slight_smile:

4. Priiiide

Thank you all x

5. FreeFlow9917

Happily signed the petition, like my description says, supporter of equal human rights.

6. vrrml

i signed the petition. thanks for the link

7. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Signed and shared. Though I doubt any of my friends will sign.

8. Signed. This kind of thing just has to stop. (Forgive me for stating the obvious.)