1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News What DOMA is preventing: Beautiful but sad video

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Revan, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As we all know, DOMA prevents a lot of things from same-sex couples but it also prevents couples in long-distance relationships from being able to finally be together. This couple, David & Jason are from the U.S. and the U.K. respectively. Watch the video to learn more about them and to also see what DOMA is causing and why I truly hope it is repealed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyk4Qo2vCpA[/youtube]

2. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i just saw this video and was in tears at the goodbye scene truly heart breaking, best example of why DOMA needs to be struck down.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everything I'm hearing is that there's little chance that DOMA will survive because there's really no constitutional basis for it at all.

But the sad thing is, in the 1950s and 60s, when many momentous decisions were made, the court recognized the important of sending a strong message, and the chief justice worked to ensure that the important major rulings were unanimous. Unfortunately, now we have several losers on the Supreme Court who are just backwards and bigoted in their beliefs, and unanimous decisions are rare.

It would be nice if people, particularly people as important as the Supremes, could put aside their personal beliefs and make the tough decisions that move this country forward, instead of clinging to the past.