1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News If Mugabe Wins Elections, Gays See “Hell

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by paperyostrich, Jun 17, 2013.

1. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    MASVINGO — President Robert Mugabe has promised hell for gays and lesbians, as well as people who rape minors if his Zanu PF party wins the upcoming elections, vowing to amend laws to give offenders life in jail sentences.

He said the current sentences imposed on child rapists, sodomisers and paedophiles were too lenient.

Speaking at the Roman Catholic Church-run Bondolfi Teachers’ College’s graduation ceremony and Golden Jubilee celebrations yesterday, Mugabe said he regretted why such practices continue to happen in the country.

“We do not have a culture of men marrying men or women marrying women. We cannot accept it, no, no, no. These things are taboo in our society,” said Mugabe.

“Some rape minors they are entrusted with in a short space of time, maybe it is for juju. We regret this is happening, big men do it. What is getting into our society?”

Mugabe said if Zanu PF wins the upcoming general elections, he would amend the law to impose stiffer penalties for offenders.

“After the polls, we will strengthen the law and make it really punitive and bitterly punishable for such people. At the moment, they get something like three months’ imprisonment.

“They should rot in jail . . . We want a nation guided by strong values, we cannot give up our values for money,” he said.

The Zanu PF strongman hailed the Catholic Church for resisting to recognise homosexuality.

“I am glad in the Catholic Church there is stiff resistance to homosexuality, unlike in the Anglicans in Britain where the church accepts it. Where is the church going?” he quizzed.

Mugabe has repeatedly referred to gays and lesbians as “worse than pigs and dogs” Newsday.

It looks like religion has a lot to answer for.

2. Amerigo

we need to invade uganda

3. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But this is Zimbabwe. I don't think the Uganda bill was signed into power. The president was against the bill.

I just hope Morgan T is voted into power this time, but being a dictatorship, I wouldn't count on it.

4. Hexagon

Its a sad time when leaders threaten human rights. Its an even sadder time when that makes them more likely to get elected.

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Sheesh Mugabe is still alive, he's like 90 years old and hasn't mellowed in the slightest.

Unfortunately his attitudes toward homosexuality seem to be common among the rulers of many African nations these days, of course pushed along by outside religious influences like the Catholic Church and American Evangelical Protestant churches.

6. Emberstone

Since when is he technically 'elected'? He is just another dictator who fakes elections to create the illusion of legitimacy.

7. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He was just put in to the head of government on March 31st 1987, after first president, Canaan Banana was put in prison for, guess what, Homosexuality. The irony haha

8. Yes, because that's what Jesus what do! Fucking hypocrite.

9. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What I love most about this article is that he doesn't even know the penalty for homosexuality. 3 months? Try 15 years.

10. chrisV

christian theology- "jesus forgives all of your sins, but you fags are going to hell anyway."

11. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So the Racist President Robert Mugabe is also Homophobic, now there's a surprise :slight_smile:

12. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is a very famous quote attributed to him from the 1995 Zimbabwe Book Fair.

"I would say that Gays and Lesbians are worse than pigs and dogs. However, I find it insulting to think of the pigs and the dogs in that way."

Something like that anyway. However, this is nothing new. Zimbabwe has actively been trying to "Eradicate" the country of gay people since 1995.

13. SkyDiver

I wouldn't mind seeing that piece of filth burning in hell.

14. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This reminds me that as much as I'd like to see all the animals & nature there, the laws regarding GLBT folks in Africa suck: (maybe not as much, but it's ugly)

Laws Worldwide.

This is also the case in much of the caribbean...no trips to Jamaica anytime soon!

15. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    South Africa looks nice... REALLY nice :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

The LGBT folk down there should assassinate him. And I mean that.

17. Emberstone

the straights should join in putting the bullet through his head. he is a monster.

I have a writing friend who was a british expat before he took power, and her daughter, son-in-law, and their children still live there. she would speak of how you would get power maybe for a few hours, and they would turn the water on for an hour each day, and the moment you heard the gurgle of water in the pipes, you would make a mad dash to fill every container you could with water before it would be shut back off, and it was rarely a day's worth for a family, and her family are some of the more well off in the country, except for the Mugabhe's most loyal ass-kissers.

18. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Mugabe is a doosh!

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mugabe has been evil for a long time. He really just needs to be taken out and summarily executed. Why can't the UN Security Council make this happen? :tantrum:

Also, he's just about as fuck retarded as Idi Amin

#19 Pret Allez, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  20. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He makes Idi Amin look like an angel