1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News GOP urges lawmakers to erase protections for LGBT people in Idaho

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Jun 17, 2013.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here

2. Cthulhu

Not exactly good PR

3. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wonder when the GOP will stop their obsession of gay people

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whenever they stop thinking they know everything about the Bible, and when they stop using it as a cop-out.

Also, when they actually start doing things that follow the constitution and not try and legislate the Bible, which is what Salem did before the US came into being. Our founding fathers knew of this, and didn't want the Salem Witch Trials to happen again. So they put in Freedom of Religion.

Freedom of Religion means anyone can believe what they want to. It doesn't mean "Let us use it in our politics" No. It means the exact opposite. It means let Hindus, Jews, Pagans, Atheists, Agnostics, and Buddhists believe what they want to, as well and follow the rules their religion sets for them. Not yours. It means that you don't try and use it to support laws. Stop using it as a cop-out argument as well, especially when you're trying to use something that was made to stop people like you from doing what you're trying to do.

People say "There is no separation between Church and State in the constitution" Well, it doesn't say that word-for-word, but there it is. Freedom of religion IS the separation between church and state.

5. Emberstone

This is idaho, the current home-base of the aryan nation racist movement of white trash shits who have done nothing with their lives other than blaming black people and jews for their lack of initative or culpability.

we should not be surprised that a state that attracts such people would be anything less than hostile to LGBT people.

6. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Stuff like this really grinds my gears!

7. Foxface

This is precisely it. They blame others. This is how the world works in some cases.

"I failed...not my fault? it's those gays!"
    "I didn't get the job. Forget my lack of credentials! It's those blacks!"

such bull crap

Foxface

8. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is coming from a state that decriminalised homosexuality, only to recriminalize it again under the pressure of the Mormons. This state really needs to grow some balls and not be such a pushover to all of these extremists

9. chrisV

i don't understand how people can support something like this. agree with homosexuality or not, we are people who do face discrimination, and protection is necessary to stop potentially violent acts of discrimination. they are basically saying they want us to get attacked.

the funny thing is, the people who support this, are all Christians. i thought Christianity taught against violence :/

---------- Post added 18th Jun 2013 at 07:56 AM ----------

kind of like how hitler blamed the jews. i don't want to be that guy that calls everybody who doesn't agree with me nazis, but in this case, they are pretty much doing the same thing that hitler did.