1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Overseas same-sex marriage bill _overwhelmingly_ defeated..

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Luke Matt, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Luke Matt

Yay Australia!

"A bill recognising overseas same-sex marriages has been overwhelmingly voted down in the Senate, with Government and Opposition senators crossing the floor to vote...

In the end the bill was defeated, with 44 votes against and 28 in favour."

Thank God my country is progressive on these "issues"...

not.

<- Still doesn't understand why human rights/equality require debating.

Honestly, Australia is literally coming last place when it comes to the marriage-equality race...

Liberal Senator Sue Boyce Crosses Floor on Same-Sex Marriage Bill

2. Ridiculous

Ozzie whatchu doin' wrong lately?! It seems like nothing is quite working out how it should be for you recently.

3. Luke Matt

:c brb moving next door to New Zealand...

4. Amerigo

even neighbours is down right awful

5. Luke Matt

Haha, I'm not going to disagree with you on that one! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My sister used to watch it all the time, thank God she's grown up...(well, mostly).

6. Amerigo

^ hmmm ok i used to watch it too, i'll admit that, then after the "plane bomb" episode i threw in the towel :0

enter rant:

i don't understand how people can say with full confidence that we live in a progressive world, when even those societies who are considered most progressive (the west - even though i hate using that term) still discriminate openly against certain members of society (and ironically, are very politically correct when it comes to matters of race, sex, age etc., but not sexual orientation). it's hard enough living in fear of your immediate surroundings - your family, your neighbours, your fellow citizens (as i do) - because you were born a certain way, but we still live in a world where people fear their own governments and cannot even rely on these highest of powers for a fair chance at life. such a tremendous shame. i guess we're still living in the dark ages.

nevertheless,
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

7. Ridiculous

I think they loosened up the border control between us recently so it shouldn't be too hard :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.