1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Louie Gohmert: Mankind OK sans sex ed

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Dan82

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/louie-gohmert-sex-education-93326.html

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Lol, the Soviet Union had homosexuality criminalized and had one of the highest abortion rates in the world because there was such widespread ignorance about sexual education and birth control, and no programs to educate people on these matters. To this day in parts of rural Russia nobody would know what a condom is or where to get one or use one. The USSR was a dream for socially conservative Republicans like Gohmert, who is one of the biggest whackos in this Congress.

3. Plutanan

He is actually my congressman! XD ... I agree with him half the time and even in this I can see his point. The article was skimpy so I don't know his full views, but if he's talking about waiting till sex ed for high school then I can see that. I just hope he's not meaning no sex ed whatsoever. That is a bit extreme. I don't know about the nature or history of STDs but I'm sure sex ed wasn't taught beforehand because STDs were uncommon or little was known about them.

In today's world, you have to be prepared for that. I think many people wish they had known the consequences of their actions before they'd done something. So, if Rep. Gohmert is just speaking about having sex ed too young then I can see his point. If he means having it at all, then he needs to talk with some people.

4. Aldrick

Who needs an edjookation? I dun need no edjookation! Gezus couldent reed and neadoor does I! Keep yoos fanzee maths and scienzes aways from mah childrens!1`1!~!

:lol:

Plutanan -

Louie doesn't believe in sexual education at all. I'm not sure how well you know your congressman, but he's considered a joke. No one takes him seriously. He doesn't believe in science, and he believes that the only reason people would want to teach sexual education is to promote the "propaganda" of homosexuality. Not to mention he likely also believes that teaching sexual education would lead to promiscuity, when in reality all studies have shown that teenagers who've been properly educated and taught to be responsible WAIT LONGER to have sex... but that's science, and he doesn't believe in that, so...

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Um, Gohmert is a complete whackjob, every word that comes out of his mouth is insanity.... [​IMG]

Some more gems:

“We know Al Qaeda has camps over with the drug cartels on the other side of the Mexican border. We know that people that are now being trained to come in and act like Hispanic when they are radical Islamists.”

On gun control:

"And I pointed out, well, once you make it ten, then why would you draw the line at ten? What's wrong with nine? Or eleven? And the problem is once you draw that limit, it's kind of like marriage when you say it's not a man and a woman any more, then why not have three men and one woman, or four women and one man, or why not somebody has a love for an animal?"

On Don't Ask, Don't Tell repeal:

"To my friend who said that history would judge us poorly, I would submit if you would look thoroughly at history -- and I'm not saying it's cause and effect -- but when militaries throughout history of the greatest nations in the world have adopted the policy that "fine for homosexuality to be overt" -- you can keep it private and control your hormones fine, if you can't, that's fine too -- they're toward the end of their existence as a great nation."

And the best, Gohmert accuses a speaker in Congress of "casting aspersions on my asparagus": :roflmao:

Louie Gohmert's Asparagus - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 05/16/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

And there's no reason to wait until high school for sex-ed. Having pregnant middle schoolers is even worse than having pregnant high schoolers. We shouldn't wait until the middle of high school to teach kids how to put a condom on.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This says it all
    [​IMG]

7. Emberstone

everytime louie gomhert opens his mouth, it is a form of forcible rape.