1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Dennis Prager: Even If Your Child Is Gay...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Dan82

http://townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/2013/03/19/even-if-your-child-is-gay-n1538069

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That article makes absolutely no sense at all... It's a shame that people actually read this stuff and agree with it.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dennis is completely disgusting. I am completely astonished that he thinks reasoning about morality from an emotional view is somehow wrong.

I don't know where you get moral content in anything without consulting the states of human emotion.

4. Beware Of You

I am guessing that this website is Republican propaganda? Its just brought up alot of "Impeach Obama" popups

5. Aldrick

Yes, Townhall is a Republican website. Also, the column was posted back on March 19th of this year.

6. Hexagon

Article-was-removed-from-someone's-ass

7. Quaiv

So apparently he thinks fairness is wrong. Just sayin'

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met Mr. Prager in 1984 when he gave a series of lectures during a student's convention here in Montreal. He certainly courts controversy wherever he goes, and he has no shortage of detractors.

I disagree with his stance, of course. He makes the point that we are changing in a fundamental way the definition of marriage, but this is not the case, marriage equality is an attempt to get the state to recognize same-sex partnerships with regard to immigration, taxation, employment, child-raising, and benefits.

He then goes on to say, in rather awkward phrasing: "That does not mean, however, that marriage needs to be redefined. It does not mean that, all things being equal, it is not best for a child to have a male and female parent." Curiously, he asserts this mother-father superiority without any basis in fact.

Where are the signs saying "redefine marriage now!", there is no such movement from the LGBT community. In Rhetoric, this is called attacking a straw man. The argument is for equality and recognition of status not redefinition of marriage.

That is what is shameful about this article. Prager struck me then as an influential speaker, of course, I was only 24 at the time and fairly new to rhetoric...

9. theMaverick

God forbid we have compassion for our fellow man!

10. Emberstone

clearly, his mommy and his daddy failed to raise him right, and through their own lack of morals or ethics, he became his parents little hitler youth.

he is living proof that having and mom and a dad doesnt mean you grow up to be a well adjusted, moral person.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just couldn't stop giggling.