1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redirecting error while logging in

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Rice and Pepper, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you log in, you enter your name and your password, and if you enter them correctly, you automatically go to a redirecting page and then return to the page you were previously viewing. But sometimes, the redirecting page shows there is an error. Instead of the "you will be automatically redirected" message, it says "Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/index.php)".

It's not a huge problem, I just click on the forum tab and return to where I was manually. But I thought I should report this error in case noone has noticed it.

2. BudderMC

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure I reported this the day after we changed all the forums around months ago xD

I guess it's one of those "because it's not a big deal, it's not a priority" kind of things. There are lots of other things higher up on the priority list that need to be done around the forums.

3. Bolin

I only ever get that message when I'm using the crappy library computers that use IE.

4. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn BudderMC! You just stole all the glory from me!... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I use firefox btw and it still happens.

5. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got that message earlier today. It seems to be something that appears whenever I log into EC for the first time from a new computer. It never seems to happen again to me if using a computer I've logged into before.

How to fix it is an interesting question. This problem, and the utterly bizarre missing security token error, are the two issues that have been around for a while and make no sense to me.

6. BudderMC

^ I've gotten it religiously every time I log into EC, same computer, occasionally different IPs, on IE, FF, and Chrome. But only when I log in from the main forum list, not from an already existing thread or something.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's the same for me. I also always get the "missing security token" every time I click on "mark forums read". I get it occasionally when I try to upload photos too.

8. RainbowMan

Interestingly, I've only seen this a few times, and I browse EC in Chrome Incognito so I'm effectively always logging in from a new computer (don't want it showing up in my history that gets sent to Google - the evil empire already knows too much about me, and if people that I'm not out to use *any* of my computers, they'd see it in the history even if I've never logged in from that computer:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

My reaction has been, "oh, that's annoying" but not much else :grin:

9. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To work around the missing security tokens thing when trying to mark forums read, logging out and in again works, as then only forums with new posts since you logged out are marked as unread (which if you're fast, should only be one or two at most, depending on the time of day) ^_^

10. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't know if this would be helpful to anyone running the site, but I only get it when I am logging in on my IPhone using Safari. It's such an easy click to the forums I don't really mind it though.