1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to become a member of the staff

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by KingdomKeyDK, Jul 11, 2013.

1. KingdomKeyDK

I was just wondering, but how do you become a member of EC's staff?

2. SomeNights

there was an "application" (I think the correct term was "Declaration of Intrest") that went around....I want to say 2-3 months ago, but as I understand it the EC advisors and moderaters are picked by the staff at will and as needed and the staff are actually members of the non-profit organization that runs EC (not 100% sure on this) or are technical in nature to the site. While the Medical Advisor is actually an RN that volunteered and the EC staff chose to assist in medical type questions.

3. KingdomKeyDK

How often would these "applications" come onto the forum?

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We recently tested a process that allowed members to submit a Declaration of Interest to inform staff of their willingness to be considered, and alongside that staff did the usual discussion on who they would like to nominate, so there was a two-tier process going on. That process will be merging together shortly as all short listed candidates will be given access to an application form, which will be combined with their declaration to make up a completed form for consideration. Based on that, and various safeguarding checks by the admin team, the staff will then decide who to bring on board.

The process is unlikely to open again in the immediate future as we're still in the process of dealing with the first batch of declarations, and that will be reaching its next stage very soon once I receive one last bit of information that is needed before the application form can be published.

It's not an easy process though, and as EC becomes more formal in its status as a non-profit organisation the criteria we look for in considering people for a staff position will continue to increase. How we proceed with staff apps in future will be largely dependant on how successful this new system is, and when we reach a point that we feel new staff actually are needed after the new bunch will have settled in.

5. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no idea. We haven't even completed the first batch yet, so I would like to hope there would be a lengthy gap between any upcoming new staff and needing to start the process over again.

There has been a suggestion for the declaration to be open permanently so that considerations can be made at any time, but that is unlikely to happen any time soon.

6. SomeNights

Hey martin since your mentioned it, have the nomines already been notified or are you waiting to notify them?

7. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Notifications have been sent out to some people, such as those who didn't submit a declaration but were short listed by staff. However, there are others who haven't heard anything yet.

Anybody who did submit a declaration can make individual enquiries either in Ask The Staff or by PM'ing myself or another admin team member. We're keeping it a rather hushed up process to avoid dramatising it, so you won't even find us making any comments that can be interpreted as verifying whether or not any particular members have even submitted a declaration. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. SomeNights

i could see that........

9. Fifty Ways

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Cool username, SomeNights <3

10. SomeNights

Thanks, the song actually drives me nuts now that it's been so overplayed. :wink: