1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC's Compatibility with Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Bolin, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Bolin

Ummm, hi. So, I've browsed Empty Closets on Internet Explorer (not by choice...) on a multitude of computers at my public library, my mother's laptop (before she downloaded Chrome and Firefox), and the computers at the library at my sister's old college, and EC seemed super glitchy on all of them. So I'm wondering if it's an IE thing? Like now, I can't even change my mood because whenever I do, it logs me out. The same thing happens when I try to "quick reply" in a thread. So I was just wondering if it's an IE thing or if I just have bad luck. :lol: Thanks!

2. Fiddledeedee

I just tried EC on IE and it worked fine (as much as anything is fine on IE :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ). Both quick posting and changing mood use Javascript, as do a number of other site features; is there a script blocker in place?

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I (thankfully) don't have IE on any of my regularly-used computers, but if you can tell us what version, I can try and test it and see if we can see any problems.

The version of vBulletin, the forum software we are using, is at least 7 or 8 years old, so it's possible that Micro$oft has made changes to their browser that make it slightly incompatible with older sites. It wouldn't be the first time. But it might be something we can tweak.

4. MerBear

IE has updated itself since so I think it's fine now, I have windows 8 ...maybe that's why?

5. UndercoverGypsy

I checked out the source quickly, and could it be to do with the excessive use of table tags (they got very outdated very quick)?