1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion- Thread Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by JustAnotherSoul, Aug 9, 2013.

?

What do you think of this idea?

1. Yes please!

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes, but with the changes I suggested in a reply.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Maybe... my thoughts are in a reply.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's not necessary, I like the subscription tool how it is.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JustAnotherSoul

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but I find it pretty annoying to have to remember to subscribe to threads. I generally want to subscribe to any thread I've posted on, and I'm constantly forgetting. It's also a bit of a pain to subscribe because one has to scroll up to the top and then navigate the "thread tools" menu.

I'd like to see a way to automatically subscribe to threads when one posts a reply. Perhaps the best way to do this would be through a small "subscribe" check box at the bottom of the reply box (and quick reply box). Users could edit in their preferences whether they want this box to default as checked or unchecked, but always view and decide on each individual thread, too.

2. Ticklish Fish

Go to your profile, Statistics--> Find all posts by JustAnotherSoul to locate all threads you psoted on

3. JustAnotherSoul

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. Still, I like being able to see a short list of which threads have been updated since I last looked through the "new subscribed threads" feature. It's also nice to be able to filter out the rare thread that I don't really care about.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If you're in the "Reply to Topic" window and not using the quick reply box, there's a drop-down menu on the bottom where you can subscribe to a thread. Also, if you want to see all threads that you've posted in that have new replies, go to the search button and click "Advanced Search", then type your own username in the "Search by User Name" field and hit enter or click "search now".

5. Ridiculous

6. Nick07

Well, there is exactly that option already. Go to My settings, Settings and option, Edit option, and then there is Subsicription mode:

"When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread."

7. Wells

Wells Guest

That might take a while for people with lots of posts though...

8. Fiddledeedee

Indeed. To show them in threads like it would if they were subscribed to, use the Advanced Search. Find posts by your username, and set the results to display as threads (the default) instead of posts.