1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New stylesheet

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Alexander, May 15, 2008.

1. Alexander

May I suggest a style that doesn't include the giant EC banner at the top? Some closeted people like to browse EC at school and can't because it's so huuge and obvious (i.e. me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

2. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That does make sense. It would suck being outed by EC, plus if you are on EC odds are you know you are on EC and don't need a big huge banner telling you so lol. But I do like the big huge banner too so idk, without the banner it would be boring. maybe a closeted empty closets site if that makes any sense?

#2 AzThRg0, May 15, 2008
    Last edited: May 15, 2008
  3. Nerdtendo

Maby a spisific form that dosent HAVE the banner? you know, so you could favoret the single form, and post there when your in hideing, but then use the links on the same page to exit to another form, which does have the banner, for posting in the other forms. ...and hey, same chat-room, too!

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the meantime you can block pictures with Firefox, if your school doesn't have it get a portable copy at www.portableapps.com. It reduces functionality (say, you can't post unless you're a techie and know the parameters for the address bar) but it lets you browse the forum without displaying the header.

(For the techie ones: "http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&t=<thread number>" for a standard reply, it seems)

#4 Miaplacidus, May 15, 2008
    Last edited: May 15, 2008
  5. JSG

JSG Guest

LOL !!
    I posted a thread yesterday in 'Ask the Mods' for this exact feature XD

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, the banner is a bit obvious...and I do worry about being outed by EC sometimes. It's a good idea. :slight_smile:

7. Tim

Tim

Same, it'd be a good idea... I always hide the window from my family (I'm not in closet, but at same time, I'd rather them not read some of my venting about them XD)

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'll have a look over the weekend. With the whole top banner gone it would just look like any generic vBulletin forum. :wink:

You can turn off the display of avatars and signatures in your profile I think, though I don't think there is anything to give things away in most of those.

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's done! :slight_smile:

If you go to the selector at the bottom left corner you can now choose the default or wide style without the logo. You can also set it as your default style in My Settings, Edit Options, the last option on the page.

This ONLY affects the forum, not any other sections of the site.

You can get from the forum to the other sections with the logo hidden by clicking the Home Page link at the bottom right.

10. MusicIsMyBoyfriend

Great, so know I realise there's a wide-screen version of the site!

11. Alexander

OMG thank you paul! :kiss: