1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Declaration of Interest - Advisor Positions Available

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Martin, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wassupski peeps,

I just wanted to inform you all that the Declaration of Interest forms are now available for any member to complete who wishes to be considered for the role of Advisor.
    You can complete the form by accessing the following link: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=1

The declaration comprises of around 20 questions that will help staff develop a basic understanding of the skills and qualities that you have, and the information provided combined with your membership history will allow staff to shortlist the nominees that they would like to complete a detailed staff application form for final consideration.

If shortlisted you will be invited to complete an official staff application form, and a completion of this form will act as an official application for yourself. If you are successful at this phase you will then undergo a few safeguarding checks, and following no issues there you will ultimately be successful and be invited to join the staff team. All positions are strictly voluntary, but these roles do also count as work experience on a CV etc, and the organisation is willing to provide references for staff members when they're applying for jobs in which their support role on here is deemed to be relevant experience.

The reason for this detailed process is due to EC being recognised as a non-profit organisation, and also as a support community that frequently deals with members who are vulnerable and often underage. As a result, our formal application process will help ensure that we are able to recruit nominees who contribute to the stringent safeguarding of the community, as well as develop a staff team that is diverse and representative of the wider EC community. It is vital that candidates are able to work within a multi-disciplinary organisation alongside peer workers, medical health practitioners, social workers, counsellors, attorneys etc so please be mindful of the commitment you would potentially be making when submitting your declaration of interest to the organisation.

Please do not be upset if you complete a declaration of interest form and are unsuccessful in being shortlisted. This is by no means a reflection on the qualities and skills that you have, nor should it be taken as a judgement based on your character or membership. We are aiming to develop a staff team that is as diverse and representative as possible, so not being shortlisted does not mean that we don't think the quality of advice that you give is not on par with what we want on staff. It really is just a case of fitting people in where they are needed. :slight_smile:

In order to be considered for a staff position you must have been a member of EC for a minimum of 4 months (as of when you submit the declaration) and have 300+ posts.

The deadline for submitting your Declaration of Interest is Monday 1st September at 9pm UK time.

If you have any questions regarding this process please let me know. :slight_smile:

Martin.

2. GayTornado

Oh well time to rack up dat post count :grin:

3. Munyal

I would, but I don't think have enough life experience. *snaps fingers* Shucks.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're seriously thinking about posting just to up your post count, I highly advise against it. I've done it before. Not on here, but on other places. You just end up making yourself look like a total fool in front of all these people who post good quality posts and post to benefit the forum.

5. flatlander48

I just joined, so there's no way I could meet the longevity and participation requirements. However, I'm curious if this request is sent out periodically or rarely. My particular demographic (what's included and not included in my profile) seems to be different from the others. If it might be useful at some point in the future, I would certainly consider sharing experiences and whatever accumulated wisdom I may have.

6. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everybody,

Just to let you know that there's still time for you to complete a Declaration of Interest form. We'll be closing this process on Sunday, so if you haven't applied yet and are considering it, your last chance to do it this time around is fast apporaching!

7. biggayguy

It seems like I've been here longer than two months. Guess that happens when a person is on here every day.