1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

keep threads unread until I actually read them

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by resu, Sep 3, 2013.

1. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Often when I'm re-logging in or logged in for a long time, I find out that all threads past a certain time are all marked as read, even though I didn't actually read all of them. This is frustrating when I want to keep track of a thread to the last post I had previously seen and when there are multiple pages of updates. All I can do is check the last page and then "read backward" through previous pages until I finally reach I post I remember.

Most of the other forums I've used, including ones using vBulletin, are able to keep track of which threads I actually select to be unread, so I'd like to see if the same thing can be done here. Thanks.

2. Nick07

Yes, I have the same problem. A different system would be nice.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had the opposite problem where I'd read a thread and it would still mark it as unread. Have you guys tried logging out and then logging back in? That's what fixed my problem.

4. LinkLarkin

This happens to me too when I don't log in for a few hours, even just overnight sometimes. I'd love an updated system for this as well, although in the meantime you can usually just work it out from the time you were last online.

5. RainbowMan

It's also quite annoying when you're using multiple computers (a desktop, your laptop, your phone - all of which I often use to access EC) as the state seems to be stored in a cookie on your machine.