1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am having an issue deleting my account

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by yellowsun, Oct 19, 2013.

1. yellowsun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I was trying to delete my account on here, but I am having an issue with it. I go to my settings, click delete account, and get a confirmation message with a code. I do not know where to put the code and then I get a message telling me that the code is bad and to try to copy and paste it. 1. Why do I keep getting a message telling me the code is bad? 2. Where do I copy and paste the code?

2. RainbowMan

When you click Delete Account and then accept, you'll get a PM with a confirmation code in it, and a link. Copy that long confirmation code (highlight it, right-click and copy), and follow the link. At the resultant page, there will be a place for the confirmation code, your password, and the reason for the deletion. Fill all of those fields in, and your account will be deleted.

3. nathanxalex

nathanxalex Guest

i'm having that same issue

---------- Post added 11th Sep 2014 at 04:38 PM ----------

The confirmation code is bad. Try copy and paste.?

---------- Post added 11th Sep 2014 at 04:41 PM ----------

i did it so why is my account not delete

4. RainbowMan

There's a 48 hour delay between when the delete is submitted and the deletion actually happens. In that 48 hour period, you can stop the deletion yourself. After that period, the account is deleted and irretrievable.

I just successfully put in a self-delete for a test account without a problem. Make sure to copy and paste the code.