1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other functions/services?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by confuzzled82, Oct 19, 2013.

1. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always known that EC has been run by a corporation of some type since before I was a member, but after re-reading some threads here, I get the impression that the organization does something other than run this website, but I'm rather unclear on what types of products/services they deal with. Would anyone care to elaborate?

2. RainbowMan

You can find the answers to a lot of these questions on the History of EC page. As of today, EC is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the community, as detailed on that page.

3. biggayguy

4. RainbowMan

Minor correction - EC WAS run by a media group. In 2011, everything transitioned to the non-profit Empty Closets Community Services.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right now, the EC online community is Empty Closets Community Services' only program. (ECCS was the nonprofit created to take over EC.com from its previous owners.)

There are other ideas on the drawing board, including more outreach to physical programs (GSAs, bricks-and-mortar LGBT centers, etc) and additional online services, but for the moment, getting the organization established, getting policies set up, and our tax exemption application completed and approved has been the primary focus of the board and admin team.

More than likely, some of the other activities will begin to occur some time in 2014.

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome. I hope I can at least volunteer or something if we do have things like brick and mortar LGBT centers and everything. We should also have a big get-together sometime in the future.