1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Albums

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

In case you haven't realised, Private Albums in the new homepage system are not totally secret albums. When you create one or set an album as private, note the text by the option which says "Private - Only visible to contacts and moderators".

So if you have added someone to your contacts they can see your private albums. Anyone who is a friend is also automatically a contact, so all friends can see them too.

So regard private albums as "viewable by people I have granted access to" compared to normal albums which are "viewable by all members". The system is not intended as a secret place to store things where nobody can see them.

If this isn't what you wanted then you may need to change your contacts and friends settings or remove some stuff from your albums.

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I can, if required, run a database query to delete all friends and contacts so you have to add them again. But that seems rather drastic as there are only 89 private albums on the system.

So instead I will PM everyone with a private album with a link to this thread. If I don't get a read receipt or a reply from anyone in the next few days I will remove their friends and contacts from their account.

EDIT: I spelt the subject of my PM wrong, oh well! :slight_smile: