1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC iPhone App in the future?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by CupcakeKisses, Nov 9, 2013.

1. CupcakeKisses

Hi EC,

I was wondering if there were any thoughts on creating an app for this site. I find myself reading some posts on the go and I really want to post a reply but it is just so difficult from the safari browser on my phone. maybe a possibility?

Lots of love!
    JBH

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Short answer: Yes, a mobile app will most likely be part of the future offerings.

Longer answer: We're working (and have been for at least 2 or 3 years) on a major upgrade to the forum software, and several of the platforms we've looked at do have a dedicated mobile app for Android and iPhone. So when we roll out the forum upgrade, assuming the platform we choose does have the app as part of its offerings, then yes.

Knowing that a pretty large percentage of EC's traffic comes from mobile devices, it is something pretty high up in our decision process.