1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advertisements?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Emberblaze, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Emberblaze

Uh, I just logged into EC and there's a bunch of ads popping up on the sides. Should I be worried about that or are you guys just trying to get funds by selling ad space?

---------- Post added 14th Nov 2013 at 06:26 PM ----------

Okay, never mind EC staff. There seems to be a problem going on with most search engines where some third party downloads something called bettersurf onto your search engine and it spams you with ads. I deleted it and all's good, but, lots of ec'ers may be having issues too, so, yeahhhh

2. Silver Sparrow

I haven't seen any. Could it be a bug?

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You got suckered by a drive-by download. It's not something any of the reputable search engines do, but if you visit certain less-than-reputable sites, some of them actually install a toolbar onto your browser which adds tons of popups and does other annoying things.

It's not anything EC is doing. We might, at some point in the future, accept certain types of appropriate ads, but there's nothing remotely on the plan to do so as of now.

4. Emberblaze

Thanks, I figured it out. I don't know how I could have gotten it because it just showed up a few hours ago and I haven't been on any site that could give me any viruses in about a week or so... It seems to be something that was affecting all the search engines and many people, but I figured out the solution