1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Notifications

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by picknmix, Dec 4, 2013.

1. picknmix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can someone help me regarding how do I know if someone has messaged me on here or has replied to a thread message xxx

Thanks

2. Fiddledeedee

If someone sends you a wall message, you'll get a notification in the little area below the "resources" and "news" tabs. You can see the wall post at any time by clicking your username and going to your profile.

If someone sends you a private message, you'll get a notification in that same little area. There is always a link to your PM inbox there so that you can read messages at any time.

If someone replies to a thread you've posted in, you won't know unless you have subscribed to that thread. You view new posts in threads you have subscribed to through your user control panel, but I don't believe you'll ever get a notification. You can subscribe to individual threads using the "thread tools" menu at the top of the thread, and you can automatically subscribe to threads you post in by adjusting your forum settings.

I hope that helps. If I made no sense at all, please say so and we'll see what we can do. :slight_smile: