1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanking?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Kasey, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I notice the forums use the same as other websites and they have a thanking system for helpful posts.

Is that a possibility? Just wondering...

2. BudderMC

From what I can recall in the past discussions on the topic, I think the general idea was that using some sort of "thank you" or "like" system in place would cause posters to see the forums (particularly the advice forums being more problematic) as a sort of popularity contest. Obviously there is nothing wrong with praising people for useful posts, but we also want to avoid discouraging people from feeling like they can't/shouldn't post if their replies aren't getting many thanks/likes.

I would suggest though (since everyone likes to be appreciated!) that if you see a post you find particularly helpful, you consider sending that person a wall message just letting them know. :slight_smile:

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I do that too. I see the point.

I do the respond game. Funny I usually don't "like" on Facebook but I suggested this.