1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile version

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by apostrophied, Dec 22, 2013.

1. apostrophied

Just curious, do you think you'll make a mobile version of EC sometime? I look at it mostly on my phone, and a mobile version would be that much easier. Thanks!

2. Fiddledeedee

There's a mobile style option in the drop-down menu at the very very bottom left corner of any forum page. I don't know how useful it is for people on mobiles, though.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is becoming one of the most commonly asked questions. I think there have been like 5 separate threads about it in the past month, at least one in the past week.

Short answer: We're very committed to producing some sort of mobile-friendly version, either an app or a mobile-optimized version of the site.

Longer answer: Probably not right away. We're looking at a major upgrade to the forum software we use, so it won't happen until after that, so it's at the least a few months away.

4. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing that really bothers me about using the site on a mobile is that for some reason I can't change my mood. Everything else seems to work fine. Does anyone else have a problem with this? I can click on my current mood at the top right of the page, and then a window opens saying change mood, but then I can't open the drop-down list. It's like it's not recognised as a button and the option behind the box ends up getting selected instead.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest, I'm surprised it works as well as it does. The current version of the software is from something like 2006, with more recent security patches, so it's frankly kind of astonishing that it works as well as it does on phones. I haven't tried the mood functionality, but it would not surprise me if it doesn't work. :slight_smile:

6. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Given the frequency this question comes up, perhaps it should be stickied or made an FAQ