1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to become a full member after submitting request?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by HuskyPup, Dec 30, 2013.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, I know it's probably really busy, and I don't mean to be pesky, but I was wondering how long it takes to become a full member, after submitting the request...I think I submitted it about a month ago, but maybe I didn't press the right button, and messed up.

Should I re-submit my request, or did I maybe do something bad?

Well, I know it's the holidays, so I'm not too worried, just mainly curious/excited.

Thanks for your time,

H. Pup

2. Richie.

I asked this same question I was told at present two weeks. I submitted mine just before Christmas.

3. Foxface

I can't speak for them of course but with the recent step downs I imagine it will take some time

Foxface

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

There's currently a couple of urgent priorities that the Administration team is dealing with before the end of the year, which is temporarily affecting the speed we're processing applications that staff have reviewed. One of the things we're working on is a few changes to the full membership process, which should hopefully boost efficiency once we've got it set up shortly.

Martin.

5. Slime

Ok great, I was worrying about he possibility that my application didn't get sent :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. BudderMC

We've got your app, so don't worry. You'll hear from us either way once your application has been completely reviewed.

7. Slime

Thanks for letting me know :grin:

8. Richie.

Are we any closer? Many thanks

9. Huma

Hope you received my application, guys! :icon_bigg

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep! We've got it!

11. Huma

Do let me know if my application gets declined and if I can resend at a later time.

12. Gen

Gen

Members are notified either way.

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just asked the same thing to other members and they said that it took them 3 weeks when the site was fully staffed. It's not going to change my behavior one way, I just see getting full membership as a badge of honor.

14. Gen

Gen

I understand feeling eager. The amount of members and activity on the site has peaked quite dramatically over the past two years alone. Even browsing through the threads, a severe majority of those posting in the forums have only joined in the last six month to a year. More members means more applications and they can stack up rather quickly. We may add new addition to the staff team, but the site will only continue to grow, therefore, making a couple of weeks average wait something to be expected.

15. willycubed28

Just wondering if you all received my application to become a full member?

16. Jonathan

Yes, we have received your application. You'll get a response when it's finished being processed :slight_smile: .

17. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What does the verification process involve? Is each form submission a time-consuming thing to review or do you guys just get overloaded with hundreds of requests? Just curious, it's not a big deal to me -- I'm patient and this doesn't change a whole lot anyways. :slight_smile:

18. chivalrous

Im always eager to see if my application is processed but none the less patience is a virtue, for now all we can do is cheer the admins in hope that time goes by quicker haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Give me a G-O a A-d-m-i-n-s
    Goooooooooooooooo Admins!! :lol: :grin: :grin: :grin:

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It takes a little while, took me like... 2 or 3 weeks. They are working on it.

Heck I haven't even used any privileges yet. I just like the full member tag.

20. Gen

Gen

I won't divulge any specifics about the actual process, but Full Membership is very much more of a privilege on this site than on many others. Regular membership does not come with any inhibitions that would prevent members from being active participants in the forums of this site, which are essentially the center of the site's activity. Members have the ability to contact and converse with one another on their individual profiles. Quite frankly, as the current system the site is run on stands, it is far more convenient to message members on the wall than through private message or the ancient chat Room, in my opinion.

While it is understandable that a member may have use for the benefits that come with full membership, it is very easy to recognize the hazards that can arise through allowing any random individual to make an account and send private messages too whoever they choose or to bombard the chat room, especially on a site such as this. Those forms of messaging are not sovereign to the watch of the staff, but it would make our jobs infinitely more strenuous.

So, we do make sure that the individuals we are giving these privileges to have been responsible in their stay on the site because we would rather not be swarmed with issues surrounding that member and their abuse of those privileges in the future.