1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Becoming an advisor

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by RevJim, Jan 5, 2014.

1. RevJim

RevJim Guest

Hi, who do I talk to about being an Advisor? I couldn't find a way to contact the site staff.
    Rev. Jim

2. Foxface

I won't speak directly for them. But I think you have to be active for four months and have to have quite a bit of posting and then they open up selections when they are in need

Foxface

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

Until very recently, advisors were selected by the staff based on a variety of factors (consistency of posting, quality and accuracy of posts, and having a minimum amount of time and postings) and there was no way to apply to be an advisor.

We have started using a combination of the selection process we used before along with opening up an application process. To be eligible to apply, a member would need to be active on the site for a number of months (either 4 or 6), and have a significant number of posts (couple hundred if I remember correctly). There's a fairly detailed, multi-step application process, and we only open up for applications at times when we are considering adding new staff.

So the best thing you can do now, if you're interested, is to participate in the community, learn its ins and outs, and then, after you've been here a while, you can apply the next time the application process opens up.