1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo Admin

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by azrae1, Jan 12, 2014.

1. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

So i wanted to upload my avatar picture in my photo album but it seems that the photo admin of EC didn't approve it and i wonder why or demand an explanation.

My avatar is just some graffiti work about my country's national flag (artistic view) so why EC doesn't allow me to upload it ?!?

its not sexual or political or underage or h8 related photo so why not approve it ?

racist admin?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd think it was more likely to be a question of copyright than racism...

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If the picture that you wanted to upload was a copyrighted picture, it would not have been approved.

The pictures that are usually approved are pictures that one personally took, or somebody took with the member in it. You can upload a picture that somebody else took, only with their permission. EC's Code of Conduct - Point 12 will give you more information on it.

4. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

I don't think this has to do with any copy right issue as i have dozen of pictures that have been already uploaded but are not mine (pictures of tokyo etc.. used as earlier coverpage).

well how did the photo admin knew i got it from the internet from the first place :S

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the pictures of Tokyo, etc... are not yours, please delete them. For a while now, staff have been checking pictures that are being uploaded for copyright infringements as well as appropriateness for EC.