1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating New Threads Problems

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Rakkaus, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Hi folks, the last few times I've tried to make new threads, whenever I try to preview it, it times out. I click re-send repeatedly but it fails.

I thought it was just my internet bugging out, but these timing out errors seem to only occur when I try to preview when I am making new threads.

Ultimately I am able to post the thread as long as I don't preview it.

But the last new thread I made, http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-...st-neighborhoods-gayborhoods.html#post1893268 I clicked the "Add a Poll" box because I really wanted a poll, but when I clicked post, first it took forever, and then it told me "this is a duplicate of a thread you already made" and never took me to the poll options page. :icon_sad:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think we may be having some sort of server issues. I've been getting a bunch of time-outs recently, which I attributed to a new piece of ad blocking hardware... but now that you mention it, the only site that times out is EC.

I'll have a look and talk to the tech team about it. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

In the meantime can any mod add a poll to the thread I mentioned? I really wanted a poll, but it didn't work.

4. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Oh yeah sorry I was so obsessed with getting that poll added I forgot to say thanks for the response Chip. :slight_smile:

And yeah, these time-outs and errors only happen when creating new threads at EC, my internet is otherwise reliable on the hundreds of other sites I visit regularly.

As I said, I can't preview new threads at all without timing out, which is why I've learned to copy-paste the full code version of the thread saved in a notepad file before clicking preview, because the first time this happened I lost a long thread I had been working on and could not recover it because of the time-out error. (I ended up never getting around to making that thread.)

But that first time I had thought it was just a one-time error due to my own internet spazzing out, whereas it seems to happen every time I try to create a thread on EC.

And once I do finally click post (without previewing) it will take like 65-75 seconds loading before telling me it's a duplicate of a thread I already made, prohibiting me from adding a poll to it if I wanted to. (As I had wanted to do with that last thread)

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I thank Alex for adding the poll. :slight_smile:

But ugh I just realized that the poll that was added was made private, when I really wanted it to be a public poll where you could see who voted for what option. Can a mod change it to a public poll? Or just start a new public poll?

Sorry for all the grief, but this all stems from the initial time-out error that prevented me from making my own poll. :astonished:

6. Gallatin

It's been sorted. :slight_smile: