1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

two questions on how to use the forums

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by KWDBM, Feb 23, 2014.

1. KWDBM

My first question, is it not possible to edit our own posts? I posted in a thread and immediately noticed a typo, but saw no "edit" button anywhere.

The second question came from trying to search the forum to see if the edit thing has been mentioned before. I couldn't figure out how the heck to perform a multi-word search. Searching for "edit post" (with quotations) returns search results for 'edit, post'. Searching for (edit post) brings back the same thing. What must I put to make it search "edit post" as one term?

2. Tim

Tim

Hey there, for the first question, you can edit a post up to 15 minutes after posting it. After that point, it becomes uneditable. It's to help prevent people bypassing the no outside contact rule by simply editing a post later.

As for the second question, I'm not sure. It might not be possible on the version of vBulletin the forum uses, as current vBulletin has that done by placing quotation marks around the words, but that doesn't work here.