1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change number of search hits

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by resu, Mar 8, 2014.

1. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It seems searching for posts has a maximum limit of 500 hits. This is annoying when I'm trying to search for older posts, such as all posts by a member (e.g. myself) and can only get the most recent 500. It would be really nice if all possible posts are accessible, but I don't know how to do that.

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Wait, where does it have a max? Like in you stats looking for threads or post you've made?

3. Gen

Gen

There are two options when the post count exceeds the search limit.

Advanced Search>>>Search Options>>>Find Posts From

There you can input the specific time frame you are searching for posts from. If you simply want to continue browsing all posts then just input the starting date as the date from the 500th post in your previous search.

Advanced Search>>>Search Options>>>Sort Results By

There you can alter the way the results are chronologically sorted. Turning the tabs to "Last Posting Date" and "In Ascending Order" will present the result from oldest to newest, should you wish to go as far back as possible.

Hope that helped!

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That helped, Gen!

The 500 limit is whenever you search for threads or posts, including when searching by a specific member.