1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality Categories in Support Area

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Karabeara, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Karabeara

Does anyone else think it might be helpful to have lesbian, gay, and bi categories in the support area. You wouldn't necessarily have to post in them but looking through I get frustrated because I can't really help a gay guy as much as I might a lesbian who I can relate to more. So When I'm trying to find threads to post in it's difficult to find one I could actually be helpful in. I think these categories would help so I could know what kind of sexuality this person is talking about when they say " I don't know my sexuality." Just an idea. Please post and mention any other ideas and if a lot of people like it maybe we can convince EC to make some. :slight_smile: P.S. I know there are other sexualities but this is just a starter idea.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We did discuss this not long back and the considered conclusion was that it wasn't needed and would complicate things.

In addition to the fact that there are many sexualities and nobody wants to see a situation where we have gay / lesbian / bi and the 'the rest', we also don't want to have a different section for every single orientation, including the sub-sections of those orientations!

On top of that you've got the people who don't know what their orientation is so that's another section you need.

It's nice to keep it simple I think. Plus, to be honest, the longer you are around and the more you read threads, the more likely you are to be able to help people who aren't just lesbians! You pick things up, and more importantly, a lot of things are going to be similar :slight_smile: