1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gif avatar images?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by lukeluvznicki13, Apr 11, 2014.

1. lukeluvznicki13

Hi there :slight_smile:

i was just wondering how people can get gif images as their avatar?

I have attempted many a time with different types of gifs and i can't seem to find one that will work.

Any help?

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I'm not mistaken, the .gif just has to be within the proper size dimensions for it to work.
    If you upload a gif that is bigger than the allowed dimensions, the website will automatically resize the avatar and it'll then lose its animation.

The pixel dimension for avatars is 100x100, so it needs to be equal to that or less before you upload it to the site.

Also - If you're wondering how you can resize a .gif prior to uploading it to this site, you can use an image uploading site that allows you to resize prior to an upload.
    http://tinypic.com/ is one.

#2 TJ, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Niko

Yeah, it says that you need to either meet 200kb or 100x120, whichever is smaller.
    Always try to get it to 100x120 or less. I've tried it where it was over 100x120 but less than 200kb, and it just doesn't work. Hopefully that helps. :slight_smile:

4. lukeluvznicki13

Thanks guys for the assistance! :slight_smile: