1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I....

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by gastro08, Jul 28, 2008.

1. gastro08

gastro08 Guest

I do I message people...? I could private message people but now it says I can't and I don't know how to post a vistors message? Please help me cause I want to talk to a friend... :S

2. It says on the faq that you can't PM people unless you are a full member. You can only PM moderators. Did it let you do it before? I'm surprised that happened. Error maybe?
    I have to find out what a visitors message is now, you got me curious. Or I'll just wait until someone else replies.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    To post a visitor message you simply go to the persons' profile.

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He would have been able to before Saturday/Sunday when the restrictions were put in place. Now he can't. Hence the confusion.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes, that is correct. Don't worry gastro, you're not the only person who's been confused by the PM restrictions. :thumbsup:

6. Stevie J

so what are we supposed to do? wait for a bunch of people who don't know us to send out their judgment? and what if we're not granted full membership? i'm just supposed to stop talking to all my "buddies" that i've met and gotten to know. that's a little harsh

7. Kimi

I know. But this is how EC is now. Like it or not.

I hate it

8. I see, I see! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thank you for clearing that up!

9. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    um i don't if i'm just really tired or if i'm retarded but i can't figure out how to post a visitor messege for the life of me, u go to the persons profile and then what i don't see a thingy that says i can post (this maybe rather silly but just try to work with me cause i just got done with a dbl shift at work and my mind isn't were it needs to be and is mess'n with me)

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right now, only "Full Members" can leave visitor messages. (But all EC members can receive them.) Personally, I think visitor messages would be fine for everybody. I mean, we all can see them. We may have a tete-a-tete about this in the near future. Maybe there's some aspect of them that I'm missing.

Lex

11. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thank you for clearing that up, i was go up a wall trying to figure out how to do it, can i post messeges on my profile though? like if someone asks me a question can i post on my profile or would i be better off just clearing it up in a thread?

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

One thing we look at is posting history, and posts like that won't do you any favours.

Perhaps if you read the WHOLE of this thread, as I suggested to you in my PM the other day, you might understand better what is going on and why. We are not keen on it either but we have no real choice.

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'll raise this in the staff room and see what the consensus is. They ARE public, like blogs and albums, so nothing inappropriate could be hidden there.

I have just checked the settings. Right now, regular members can leave visitor messages on their OWN profiles but not on other peoples profiles. So while we are discussing this you can respond to a comment that someone has left on your profile there.

Remember though that Visitor Messages are PUBLIC and are subject to the Code of Conduct here like all parts of the site.

14. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

We have agreed to allow all members to use Visitor Messages. To make the point that they are public we have renamed them to "Wall Messages" (idea "borrowed" from Facebook) and named the tab "My Wall". There is also a note there in bold red that they are public.