1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quote Notifications

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Geek, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay I know i'm not the only one that has wanted this. It would be nice to see a plugin installed so that way you get some notification when someone quotes you in a conversation. That way if you post a lot, you don't have to go through every single page everyday to see if someone replied to something you were saying. I know that there's a vBulletin plugin somewhere that allows users to opt into receiving private messages when someone quotes them. Please please please get this.

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah that would be cool :slight_smile: Although I don't post very often

3. RainbowMan

The problem with this is how all of the quote notification addons for vBulletin don't take into account usergroup permissions to the forums that people are quoted in. How our post report functionality works is to start a new thread in a staff area that is quoting the original message. Therefore, you might get a notification of a "quote" that is actually a post report! (and the first post in the staff forum comes from the userid that did the report, so say Geek reported this message, there'd be a thread started by Geek that he can't see), so it would also reveal the person that reported it!

Make sense?