1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Languages

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Notsoshure, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Notsoshure

Just wondering about languages here on EC. Is there som kind of rule that says you can`t talk with someone in your own language?
    I`m fine with talking english to norwegian people on here and such, but wondering if there is any rule that says you need to talk english, and also if that rule is out there: is it then ok to use your own language in PMs?

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

On EC you have to talk only in english because Admins and Moderators have to be sure about what a person's saying.

In PMs I'm not sure but I think so, because you can also give your contacts (when you'll be a full member) to another person (who has to be a full member as well).

3. Gallatin

To elaborate on what FireSmoke said...

EC has a monolingual policy, which states that in most cases, English is the only language that one can use on the site. This policy not only applies to public areas of the site, like the forum, walls, blogs, etc., but also to PMs. The only exception is PMs to staff - if you are not a native English speaker, you may use your native language (provided that the staff member also speaks it - otherwise it will be a very one-sided conversation!).

Further information may be found here.

4. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Are we allowed to use foreign language phrases like "au contraire" and "res ipsa loquitur"? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A Mod can correct me if I'm wrong, but yes - lame, cliché foreign phrases are allowed. :wink:

6. Average Joe

Touché.

:laugh:

7. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    such a noob... saw this ater speaking german with a user.. this is helpul for me now. thanks for this thread. at least now i know...