1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting Threads and Ignoring Members

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by emkorora, Apr 30, 2014.

1. emkorora

emkorora Guest

Two questions.

1) Is it possible to ignore specific members? If so, how? Is there a button that needs to be pressed on their profile? Where is the button located?

2) I attempted to follow the instructions as per this post (http://emptyclosets.com/forum/empty-closets-help-feedback/117078-how-do-i-delete-one-my-threads.html) on deleting my own threads, but to no avail. Any advice would be welcomed.

-- Rather than privately message a moderator, I decided to post this here so that other people can be guided if they have similar inquiries.

#1 emkorora, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) It is possible to ignore specific members. You can do so by going to their profile, and then clicking on "User Lists" and then selecting "Add to Ignore List".
    You can manage the people who you're ignoring by going to the ignore list part of your settings (My Settings > Edit Ignore List).

2) If you reported the main post of the thread that you created and ask for it to be deleted, then a Moderator will get to it as soon as possible.
    If you didn't do that, then do that. It may not be deleted immediately.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

In general, we don't delete threads or content, particularly when other members have posted. This is for three reasons:

First, the material posted (questions, comments, and discussion) is frequently helpful and beneficial to other users, and the archive of messages are the single best resource we have for others to get help and advice if they aren't yet comfortable posting their own questions.

Second, for a thread with a number of replies, the members replying have put a lot of time and thought and effort into their replies, and it's not fair to them or respectful of the time and effort they've given to simply remove their contributions because the OP wants the post taken down.

Third, if you are properly following EC's security protocol, then you're using a unique username you don't use anywhere else, and you don't have identifying information about you where anyone could figure out who you are... and therefore anything you post is pretty anonymous, even if it has your EC username attached to it.

We do make exceptions, but generally only when there's a really compelling reason. "I got my answer" or "I just don't want it up there' and similar things aren't compelling reasons. :slight_smile:

And TJ's covered how to add someone to the ignore list.