1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I have a problem

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by hairdye, Aug 3, 2008.

1. hairdye

I'm almost to the point where I'm gonna apply to be a full member. Yay me, right?
    well, my problem is this;

I really want to change my username.
    I made it like a year and a half ago. ;x
    so, can I reach full membership, make a new username and still have full membership?
    let me know, thanks. ;x

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yes, you can. Changing your username has nothing to do with applying for full membership.

3. hairdye

Ok. it's just cause, I didn't know if posting as one username, could still count if I made a new one. ;x
    you know what i mean?
    it's like, "Umm your username says you just joined..."
    "Yes but I had an old username, hairdye is me, I PROMISE!" ;x

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well I'm not the computer techy (Paul, Martin, and TriBi are!) but I think your post count is calculated by your Internet provider number and not your username. Am I right guys or do I have no idea what I'm talking about? :grin:

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

As becky says, the username change and upgrade don't affect each other at all. Changing your username won't change your upgrade status or post count, and we can do them in whatever order suits you best.

The only thing we ask is that we don't to the name change while the upgrade application is being considered, as that can cause us confusion with an application from a name that no longer exists!

It may be better to do the upgrade request first though, with a username that is more familiar to us.

EDIT: this is assuming you ask us to change your username, so it is the same user on the system with just a different name (then everything else about your account remains the same). If you deleted your account and started again with a new name then you would be regarded as a new member (so don't do that).