1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to remove a thread?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by FireSmoke, May 4, 2014.

1. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Just a curiosity :slight_smile:

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Yeah, but the admins have to do it.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Generally staff will remove a thread upon request by the OP, only if it poses a security risk to the OP. Depending on the circumstances, and going on a case by case bases, exceptions have been made, but they are rare.

4. Monika the Diva

It is possible to get back a deleted thread. There was this thread that i was reading called calories. It was interesting i posted one moment and the next it disappeared? There was nothing there that could've offended anyone. What's the haps?

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Thanks for the information :slight_smile:

6. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Stuff like that can get deleted because of eating disorders. At least that was the reason on a different forum I'm a member of.

7. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Because of eating disorders? So like, deleting the thread is supposed to delete the existence of the eating disorder or something? What am I missing? :eusa_eh:

FWIW, I was a participant of that thread whom could arguably be said to be developing an eating disorder. For me, the value of the thread was that it would serve as a daily reminder to me to ensure that I met my calorie "quota" for the day. Otherwise, I'd never think to count calories and would likely be consuming well below what I should.

FWIW, I've already contacted the mods directly with this inquiry, so I'm anticipating a response once they have one.

8. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I'm part of a Rape Survivors forum and one of the things they ban is calories because bulimia and anorexia is common in survivors. I didn't read the thread posted here, I did see the topic, I just didn't bother clicking it.

Whatever the reason on this site I don't know. But it can be triggering for those recovering from a disorder.