1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delete/Edit Post

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by rocking23, Aug 8, 2008.

1. rocking23

I made a post and I realized there is an error in it.

I cant seem to find the way to delete it (so that I can re-submit it) or edit the post.

i remember being able to before..

2. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

There are time limits to editing and deleting your posts. I think its 15min but i'm probably wroung.

3. SamAlex728

Did you realize it more than 15 minutes later? If so, you can't. But I'm sure the mods would help you out if you posted the problem in Ask the Staff, if it is that much of an issue.

4. rocking23

Yeah, about 20-25min after...i take it there is a 15min time limit.. but its ok

thanks!

5. Tim

Tim

Yea, Paul, would you happen to be able to explain what's with the 15 minute limit on editing a post? o.o

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It is so someone can't edit their post some time after it has replies, which could make the replies look meaningless or whatever.

Suppose someone posts something insulting another member (and it doesn't get reported). Then the member replies with a return insult. The the first poster changes his/her post. It then looks like the second person started it whereas it was actually the first person.

Or suppose someone posted a short initial message with not much info. then others asked for more info. Then the first poster added that info into the first post. It then makes it look like the people below haven't read the first post properly, especially if someone responds that the info is already in the first post.

This is fairly standard on forums, with 15-30 minutes being typical, for just this reason. It would be better if edits were allowed until someone else posted below, but the software doesn't have that option.

If anyone wants their post changing or deleting just post in Ask The Staff or use the Report Post icon and one of us will sort it out.

7. Tim

Tim

Actually, this is the first forum I've been to with a time limit on editing, so it's not as common as you think XD

But I guess it makes sense, but it's very situational :confused: